Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 07:53 PM

Default Bounce Handler on Dual Gig Mac. Have tried all Suggestions

I've tried every suggestion on this board. Digidesign suggests that I do everything that I've already done. I upgraded from a dual 450 to a dual gig, expecting to, well... upgrade. WTF?
Any help?

I've already:
- Reduce the Disk Cache in the Memory Control Panel to 512k and restart the computer.
- Close all unnecessary windows such as Plug-Ins and the Big Counter before proceeding with a Bounce To Disk.
- Allocate more preferred memory the Pro Tools and DAE applications. Click on the icon once to highlight it and choose File>Get Info in the Finder (shortcut:Command+I). Increase the DAE Preferred size to 70000k (70MB) and Pro Tools to 60000k (60MB). Never change the Minimum memory size. If you have, reset DAE Minimum size to 30000k and Pro Tools Minimum to 35320k.

Disconnected Firewire devices.
Removed all signs of OSX.

Please, dear God, there must be something else...
Old 04-15-2002, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Bounce Handler on Dual Gig Mac. Have tried all Suggestions

You have probably already tried this too, but you didn't mention it. Make sure "convert after bounce" is selected in the bounce window.

By the way, how did you remove all signs of OSX? just curious.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:32 PM

Yeah I've had the same problems ever since I "upgraded to 5.1.....I then bought the upgrade where they supposedly fixed the bounce problem but no such luck...I'm now using my old 5.0.1 because I've never had this problem w/ it...As long as the computer will handle the tracks it wont crash...Where as w/ 5.1.1 even if the computer can handle all the audio it'll still say "Bounce handler cant keep up"
I'm actually looking to get DP because PTLE is truly a joke to me now....Anyhow....I love Pro Tools, they just sometimes make me feel like a second rate customer....Oh well....I"m hooked on PT...They gotz me/us by the Nutz...

Trash Man
Old 04-15-2002, 10:42 PM

I concur with da Trash Man

5.0.1 is more robust, 5.1.1 has more features. Take your pick.

Maybe 5.? will have both...
Old 04-15-2002, 11:47 PM

Just in case...I had this problem too when upgrading from 5.0 to 5.1.1 (along with "invalid audio drive" messages when recording on some drives that were perfectly working with 5.0). What I did was reinitialize and reformat using the latest version of ATTO (SCSI drives) and the latest version of the Mac utility (IDE drives). It worked for me.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:30 AM
Avid

Disabling the 2nd processor might help the situation. To do this, remove the "Apple CPU Plug-in" from the multiprocessors folder in the System Folder>Extensions folder.

Brent
Old 04-16-2002, 09:20 PM

I am checking the Bounce After Convert.
I removed all of the OSX (loaded on delivery) via the finder. Then I got paranoid, reformatted and reinstalled 9.2.
I've also removed all multiprocessor stuff from the extensions set.

I'm going to try working back the OS as 5.1.1 worked fine on my Dual 450 running 9.1.

If that doesn't work, I'll try getting PT LE 5.0.

thanks for the help folks.