Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2011, 07:05 PM

Default Ocean way drums stand alone questiob

I got a hold of Oceans way a couple years ago and I like the sounds but I have felt limited trying to get the response I need to play them with the td 20. I feels like the midi is sluggish as compared to if I just record audio out of the td -20... I have only used it as a plug in with Pro tools..

I have not ever used it as a stand alone. Can you record midi with it stand alone? then import the midi files into pro tools or can you record audio in stand alone.

Another option I am thinking about is drumagog.. record audio and then use drumagog.. does anyone know if you can use oceans way with druma gog?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Ocean way drums stand alone questiob

When you say sluggish, do you mean that the note comes later than when you hit the pad? If so, it might be a latency problem and you need to adjust the hardware buffer in Protools to a lower number. 64 or even 128 should work.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 AM

I don't latecy is it. it is not like i hit it and there is a delay,, just seems like i do not get the response i want. If i go audio out it is like i am freeed up more.
as far as fineese.. It seems with the mdi it is more rigid to the grid i guess
Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzerboy View Post
Another option I am thinking about is drumagog.. record audio and then use drumagog.. does anyone know if you can use oceans way with druma gog?
Thanks for your interest in Drumagog. Yes, you can trigger Ocean Way Drums using Drumagog 5 Platinum's Plugin Hosting feature. This allows you to natively use any VST instrument within Drumagog and not have to bounce to a MIDI track. Using MIDI Out in Drumagog 5 is also an option, but the Plugin Hosting feature makes it much more convenient. Check out the demo at www.drumagog.com to test it out for yourself.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM

You mnetion VST,, I am using Pro tools and will it work RTAS ?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzerboy View Post
You mnetion VST,, I am using Pro tools and will it work RTAS ?
Drumagog 5 can work as an RTAS plugin in Pro Tools. But when Drumagog 5 Platinum itself is hosting a plugin, it hosts VST instruments no matter what DAW you're using it in.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:39 PM

OH,, Ok,, I am still somewhat of a novie i guess so I just thought since I was using pro tools..That might be what I want to do. get the signal for the individual drums tracks which I have 8 seperate out puts then I would insert the drumagog on each track i guess? And I could access the ocenas way? could youlet me know if I am on the right path on what I am thinking
Old 03-31-2011, 10:41 AM

Yep, that's exactly the right path. Just make sure you split all the outs for each drums separately to its own track. Then you'll use Drumagog 5 Platinum to host Ocean Way without having to bouncing to MIDI.

Check out the demo to test drive the feature!