Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2011, 05:09 AM

Default Artist series and Win7 PT10 problems, sames as with PT9

Should I be able to see the units under my network map?

What are the Network Adapter settings and prtocols that are needed for this to work?

It's near impossible for me to get the units connected to the system. They just stand still with AVID logos on them and that's it. I restart and disconnect-reconnect, power up using different order and still nothing.

I have Win7 64 bit and Eucon 2.6.2, Pro Tools 10 HD.

Troubleshooter of some sort is much needed for setting up Windows network settings so that these controllers could be used. I have changed the router out but no difference.

If I run an Mac on the same network then the controllers will instantly work with the Mac.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist series and Win7 PT10 problems, sames as with PT9

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
Should I be able to see the units under my network map?

What are the Network Adapter settings and prtocols that are needed for this to work?

It's near impossible for me to get the units connected to the system. They just stand still with AVID logos on them and that's it. I restart and disconnect-reconnect, power up using different order and still nothing.

I have Win7 64 bit and Eucon 2.6.2, Pro Tools 10 HD.

Troubleshooter of some sort is much needed for setting up Windows network settings so that these controllers could be used. I have changed the router out but no difference.

If I run an Mac on the same network then the controllers will instantly work with the Mac.
Have you given Obedia a call? Most setup/configuration issues are network specific, and fixed with a quick phone call. It's pretty hard to trouble shoot specific systems on a forum...

JC
Old 10-31-2011, 02:15 AM

I was able to get the surfaces online by disabling windows firewall!? Although I see the Eucon apps are on the green list still it seems firewall blocks the controllers for me. Is there something that might be missing from the firewall green list that would cause this? I had an impression Eucon installer will add all that is needed to win firewall so issues like this would not happen?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
Have you given Obedia a call? Most setup/configuration issues are network specific, and fixed with a quick phone call. It's pretty hard to trouble shoot specific systems on a forum...

JC
Have you tried all these steps?
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self..._Administrator

*note, when you run all these steps, you probably have to re install all your (not pro tools) plugins so beware!

Ultimatly it solved all my problems on windows 7 64 bit with Eucon
goodluck let me know if it worked
Martin Pieters
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pieters View Post
Have you tried all these steps?
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self..._Administrator

*note, when you run all these steps, you probably have to re install all your (not pro tools) plugins so beware!

Ultimatly it solved all my problems on windows 7 64 bit with Eucon
goodluck let me know if it worked
Martin Pieters
Hi, I'm done most of that when I first set up my W7. I can now clearly see, that for some strange reason Firewall in W7 is killing my Eucon, no matter if I have listed Eucon items or not on the exceptions page. With Firewall off there are no problems.

Just installed SP1 but no difference. Can't go thru complete W7 reinastall, not yet, but will try that when I can afford downtime