Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 AM

Default Re: BFD in Leopard

I have been reading the manual for BFD2 and it appears they have added some extra capability for rendering audio tracks outside of PT to solve the resource problems. Considering the extensive mixing capabilities that were added along with this it looks like BFD could be used in production even in spite of it's hog tendencies. BFD2 seems to have taken a lesson from Strike in the mixing and groove areas. I ordered BFD2 because it looks much closer to the package that BFD1 should have been. I hope it works out. I like the drum sounds but the resource hog issue in BFD1 has been s big problem.

randy
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM

Well I spent a lot of time working directly with both a Digi developer and the FXpansion developers... and IMO this is a bug in Pro Tools which is exacerbated by BFD 1.x's streaming. For BFD2 they completely replaced the engine's code.. and there hasn't been a single report of either of those issues occurring. Remember that the VDB error is related to the Digibase part of Pro Tools.. an area which BFD (or any plug-in) doesn't go near.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-09-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
IMO this is a bug in Pro Tools which is exacerbated by BFD 1.x's streaming.
I would agree with that. BUT, If my system specs meet the minimum requirements and the BFD box says RTAS on it, it should work- Regardless of where the problem is originating. And it doesn't.

But in the end, BFD still sounds the best and thats why im going to shell out 200 bucks for BFD2 even though I've had nothing but trouble with BFD running in pro tools.
PT 12.4.0
Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM

When the box was printed everything was fine -- the problem occurred when Digi changed something in 7.3

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••