Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: new assistant\'s first BIG mistake

Well, here's what happened.
He first deleted all the files, then realizing that he made a booboo, closed the session without saving thinking that his actions would be forgotten by PT, which they were, and he could go through our normal cleaning process once the nice audio files were back in the bin again, except that they'd been deleted and PT forgot where they were.
Mistake N°1 - he should have called me right away and let me make the rest of the mistakes, no that's mistake N°2, N°1 was deleteing all the file in the region bin.
Mistake N°3 was letting me go on investigating for a sleepless day and a half to finally surmise what had happened before explaining to me in a comprehansive way what had happened.
So, files gone, I recovered about 20 with a program that seems like it works but the drive had been used after the fact and 75 files could not be recovered. I found a lot of files with only noise but still had the wav extension but no unique id. noise.
Thanks to every one who replied it has helped me resolve this situation and I've found some pretty neat utility products.. My assistant has learned many a valuable lesson and is more serious as a result. specially after seeing the getting fired part
I was looking at products to prevent this as it was happening, I'm saving my pennies.