Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2000, 11:03 PM

Default digi001 rocks - any helpful hints or tricks for the fresh meat?

I finally got my digidesign working...had to upgrade the memory to 196, will be installing several GB soon, and throwing in a cd burner, I think i'll be set. now i just need to learn how to write music...lol. I had the hardest time figuring out why it wouldn't playback the audio, but i finally got it working...i think it was just something in my home stereo receiver that I have everything hooked into.

Anyways, the volume on the playback appears to be really low in comparison to anything else I play on my computer...anybody know why, or want to throw in some pointers? This is just my first day working with it, so I'm still figuring everything out, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any other tips/tricks/suggestions for recording would be awesome too. Right now I'm working with only four mics, so have doubled up the tracks on everything to get a fuller sound. Works for now, vox to be added later.

Do most of you record everything individually, or do live sessions with all instruments playing at once?

Thanx for the great product. I'm already having tons of fun, and can see this paying off way more than expensive studio time...plus it allows the freedom to actually take my time, and comfortability while recording.

--angelduzt