Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2010, 12:17 PM

Default Focus strip erratic volume automation

D-Command. All faders except focus strip fader have smooth, consistent volume graph traces The focus strip fader will always render a jagged, inconsistent volume
trace. It is almost impossible to move the fader by any amount without getting
sharp, chattery 3-5 dB spikes regardless of which fader is assigned to the focus strip.

Is this a common problem or something that has been solved with an update?

Thanks,

rbeggs
Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Focus strip erratic volume automation

The same fader when not being used as a focus channel is fine?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM

I've had intermittent trouble on my D-Control where the Focus Channel "lets go" of the fader it's controlling, possibly related?

IMDB

Puget Sound on Facebook
Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 AM

The focus fader (#24) is funky when not in focus mode as well. This leads me to think hardware is the villain. #23 has similar issues but it's unique problem is that often (not always), when moved, it shows no numerical incrementing in its readout and there is no automation written even though it's in touch mode.

For a few minutes all faders seemed fine but now hobgoblins are back. The symptoms are too erratic to be described accurately. As soon as a pattern is detected and some assumptions are made a new exception arises which creates yet more confusion.

For example: select fader #23 to be in focus mode. It is next to fader #24, the focus fader. I can move fader #24 and #23 will move in tandem however moving fader #23 will not cause #24 to move in tandem and there is no indication of incrementing volume in the fader #23 readout. Faders #24 and #24 also feel jerky and resist movement. Faders #24 and #20 work fine. They mirror each other perfectly.

This situation exists for about 10 minutes. I move on to other things, come back awhile later and faders #23 and #24 are fine but now faders #3 and #7 are not quite right.