Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Default DigiTest Nor PT Will Run

I need a little help.

I'm running a 2 GHz G5 Dual Core Mac with 2GB RAM OS 10.4.8 Separate internal audio HD 23" Mac monitor Pro Tools HD 2 Accel MassivePack Pro 4 Digidesign PRE (2) 192 I/Os w/192AD Expansion cards Magma PE6R4 6 Slot PCIe to PCI-X Expansion Chassis Host Card installed in slot 4 installed Pro Tools HD 7.1 from disc.

I believe I installed all the hardware correctly but I can't run DigiTest as I keep getting an error message that states "Cannot run DigiTest because another application is already using the Digidesign hardware..." I shut down and restarted being mindful of the order starting with the Chassis, the I/Os then the computer and I still get the error. I double checked via the finder that the pci bridge is in place and it also shows two listings for "Other Bridge Device" which I suspect is the two FlexCables connecting the cards. I even tried booting Pro Tools and it wouldn't boot stating that another application was using the hardware. The only thing running is the OS so I'm stumped. Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this?
2 GHz G5 Dual Core Mac with 2GB RAM OS 10.4.8 Pro Tools 7.3.1cs8 Separate internal audio drive 23" Mac monitor Pro Tools HD 3 Accel (PCI 1 Core Card, 2 Accel Cards) MassivePack Pro 4 Digidesign PRE (2) 192 I/Os w/192AD Expansion cards Magma PE6R4 6 Slot PCIe to PCI-X Expansion Chassis
Old 07-04-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: DigiTest Nor PT Will Run

Quote:
Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this?
Are you using the CoreAudio driver to play sounds from the Finder, iTunes, etc. out the Digidesign hardware? If so, the CoreAudio driver may be what is using the Digidesign hardware. Choose to use the G5's built-in sound output and see if it makes a difference.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: DigiTest Nor PT Will Run

Quote:
Quote:
Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this?
Are you using the CoreAudio driver to play sounds from the Finder, iTunes, etc. out the Digidesign hardware? If so, the CoreAudio driver may be what is using the Digidesign hardware. Choose to use the G5's built-in sound output and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks Jonathan, I checked the outputs and they were set for the G5 built-in. But that led me to another possibility. I had tried to keep my PT LE on the system using the workaround suggested by Digi. Your message caused me to think of the software communication between the LE program and the 002R. When you startup LE it automatically starts looking for the hardware and I surmised that even though I placed the LE Digidesign folder on the desktop, somehow the I/Os were triggering the driver. I uninstalled both the HD and LE software, then reinstalled HD and it is working. It doesn't make sense to me without starting the LE program but that's what seems to have happened.
2 GHz G5 Dual Core Mac with 2GB RAM OS 10.4.8 Pro Tools 7.3.1cs8 Separate internal audio drive 23" Mac monitor Pro Tools HD 3 Accel (PCI 1 Core Card, 2 Accel Cards) MassivePack Pro 4 Digidesign PRE (2) 192 I/Os w/192AD Expansion cards Magma PE6R4 6 Slot PCIe to PCI-X Expansion Chassis