Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2022, 11:43 AM

Default Avid Pro Tools Perpetual License Upgrade with 1-Year of Software Updates & Support Pl

Wow ... I just saw this on Sweetwater. I can get an update on my perpetual License finally!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...d-support-plan
Old 01-25-2022, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Avid Pro Tools Perpetual License Upgrade with 1-Year of Software Updates & Suppor

Wait a minute. Are you thinking that this is the reinstatement offer that ended december 31st? I don't think so. All it says is:
Avid Pro Tools Perpetual License Upgrade with 1-Year of Software Updates & Support Plan

1 Year of Avid Updates and Support for Pro Tools

Or am I just being too sceptical?
Old 01-25-2022, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Avid Pro Tools Perpetual License Upgrade with 1-Year of Software Updates & Suppor

It says further down

A Year of Continuous Pro Tools Updates and Support
If your Pro Tools update plan has expired, this Avid 1-year Software Updates + Support Plan for Pro Tools lets you reinstate it at an attractive price. This plan provides you with a year of software updates as soon as they're released, and one year of support from Avid, ensuring that your system remains current with up-to-the-minute releases and upgrades. This Avid 1-year Software Updates + Support Plan for Pro Tools is not a subscription. If you choose not to renew this plan when it expires, the Pro Tools software and the upgrades you've received are yours to keep.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:08 PM

Ah, OK. I didn't look down far enough.
It also says:
"Annual update reinstatement plan for perpetual license"
Reinstatement was the word I was looking for.

I guess this must be Sweetwater selling the special reinstatement offer even after the sale ended.

I can't see anywhere that they mention if it's available for expired 10, 11, 12 licenses, though. Like the original offer was (that I bought myself btw.)

This will be in limited supply, then. You should hurry. But still, I would talk to a Sweetw rep, and make shure you know what you're getting.

The price is the same as in december aswell.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:50 PM

US $249 Pro Tools Standard Reinstatements:

Sweetwater:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...d-support-plan

Please see PT Ultimate "conditions" - I'm assuming these also apply for PT Standard

US $499 Pro Tools Ultimate Reinstatements:

Sweetwater:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-expired-plan

Alto Music:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/23321502089....c100667.m2042

Important to note that the clock on your Software Updates and Support Plan starts when you redeem the code = don't redeem/register until you're ready to use it!

Avid Knowledge Base – Reinstatement FAQ
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nstatement-faq
Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem it, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from a reseller the code does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. (Important to note that the clock on your Software Updates and Support Plan starts when you redeem the code in my.avid.com/products/redemption.) Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions after we discontinue selling them.

Avid Knowledge Base - What will happen to my previous/old license if I upgrade/reinstate to the latest version of Pro Tools?
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...n-of-Pro-Tools
If you have purchased an upgrade or reinstatement, your existing or old license needs to be surrendered as part of the upgrade process. You will only obtain the new license after surrendering the existing or old license. For example, if you have Pro Tools 9 and you choose to upgrade to Pro Tools 2018 as part of the upgrade process, you will be asked to surrender your Pro Tools 9 license in order to obtain the new license for Pro Tools 2018 (namely Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) NT).

In line with the example provided, you might ask "I still need to convert my sessions from Pro Tools 9, how will I be able to get access to the old version without the license?" The same question is the reason we still include Pro Tools 10 inside the new bundled license, both Pro Tools 9 and Pro Tools 10 are 32-bit versions, which means you can use Pro Tools 10 to get access to your old Pro Tools 9 sessions.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 01-25-2022 at 03:07 PM. Reason: "what the large print giveth, the small print may taketh away!"
Old 01-25-2022, 05:14 PM

Most likely Sweetwater bought "X" number of reinstatements and can continue to sell them until they run out. If you need reinstatement, it's definitely a good idea to buy the reinstatement now.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaber View Post
Most likely Sweetwater bought "X" number of reinstatements and can continue to sell them until they run out. If you need reinstatement, it's definitely a good idea to buy the reinstatement now.
I remember after Avid discontinued them the first time, serials were available from resellers like Sweetwater for many months, if not years. Of course there's no way of knowing this time how long they'll last.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 01-26-2022, 08:26 AM

yes third party suppliers may still have the reinstatements available

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...