Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2015, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Entitled to Pro Tools 12 but it's not in my Avid account

What I would give to have even a temporary auth and download. It definitely seems like this could have been handled better. $599 is not a small amount of money. If this is how collecting a yearly few is starting, I'm a little pessimistic about the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJArmstrong View Post
I've tried to stay calm thru this whole thing, but now that I've been told it could be "weeks or maybe months" before I get PT12 I can't hold back any loner. PT12 is being released "in batches." A lot of things don't make sense to me, but this tops the charts.

If I paid five or ten dollars for a product from a small company, ok, fine... I'm more forgiving. 599? From a company who touts himself as an industry leader? No thank you.

My main issue is that, according to their advertising, I'm not just buying a product, I'm also buying a SERVICE. A service which allows me upgrades for a predetermined amount of time.

If Pro Tools 12 is available (as Avid's front page touts) then make it available. What makes me entitled to the upgrade isn't an over inflated sense of importance or an ego, its the 599 dollars I shelled out for it.

I've been given a temporary license and access to a PT12 installer download, so all I can do now is hope that I'm lucky enough to be in a "batch" of people who get the official license before that time runs out.

For me, here's the punchline (and its been echoed by many many people on here and in the "real world").... If this is how you're going to roll out a new product, JUST... TELL... US... At least it will soften the blow. Don't say on your FRONT PAGE "PT12 now available." Its so simple to just add "for select users." Although I get the reason why Avid doesn't want to do that... because its stupid. But at least if Avid communicated the plan to its users, we wouldn't have to come here and rant our brains out.

Such. ********.

PS, Thank you to the moderators and customer support staff who have been dealing with this backlash. I do not envy any of you. I fully acknowledge that these decisions happen at a whole other level. But here you are, on the front lines.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by testLab View Post
Hi jeffro and Gerald G,

I purchased my upgrade to 11 at the end of last year when they were offering the extra months for the support plan. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Alex
This has been forwarded to the CS for a new case to track down your concern. Please check your email.

Thank you for your patience,
Gerald G.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Where is my Pro Tools 12 Upgrade?

I purchased last evening (1am this morning...) anyway... this morning about 9:30am (Pacific) everything showed up in my account (I had no download links original). The license is on my iLok already.

So it looks like Avid is working to get everything right.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 03-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJArmstrong View Post
UPDATE:

Just got the email that was supposed to have the temporary license and a link to the installer... here's the email:

Entered on : 3/25/2015 12:51 PM
Hi Brian,

I apologized but upon getting the PT 12 HD software, our management team are not able to give me the PT 12 HD software.

They said that you really have to wait for the PT 12 HD o show on your avid account and ilok account for license.

Again , I apologized for inconvenience.

Regards

==============

If I was upset before, I don't even know what I am now. haha.

I sent you an email about this concern. Kindly check it.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 03-25-2015, 10:23 AM

Hi Jeffro,

Any chance you can help get the ball rolling. I have a support plan I bought in December for Pro Tools 11HD and still have received no update. I have an open support case (02688551), however it hasn't been very helpful thus far. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Thanks for letting me know. Please check your email again...
Old 03-25-2015, 10:29 AM

I'm glad you have gotten what you paid for.
I upgraded LAST November, paid my money.........still no download links in my Avid account, no iLok license in my iLok account.
Just doesn't seem right for some reason....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradch00 View Post
I purchased last evening (1am this morning...) anyway... this morning about 9:30am (Pacific) everything showed up in my account (I had no download links original). The license is on my iLok already.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdwyer View Post
I'm glad you have gotten what you paid for.
I upgraded LAST November, paid my money.........still no download links in my Avid account, no iLok license in my iLok account.
Just doesn't seem right for some reason....

Last guy I talked to (Steve) said they don't have an official timeline at their disposal but the timeline most mentioned seems to be "in the next few days."

Definitely not right. It isn't fair for Avid to have "get Pt12 now" on their front page and yet make people wait an undetermined amount of time. Like I said before, I guess it looks better than PT12: Available now in limited availability.
PT: 12.8 HD - no interface. headphones and ilok.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:41 AM

I was helping a friend upgrade his older native system (NON-HD) avid hardware (003 console). He got Pro tool 11 NOT not Pro Tools 12….
Not a huge deal but advertising one thing but then delivering something else is not a good thing I can see how some people may get confused.
Once again poor message delivery to Avid's customers!
Avid must get there customer commutation correct.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:42 AM

Hello,

J have active standerd support for Pro Tools 11 to March 31, 2016.

Can You activate license and download link to PT 12.

Thank You.

Best Regards.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradch00 View Post

Hi bradch00,

Case has been created about this concern and has been forwarded to CS. Kindly check you email.

Best Regards,

YD