Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2015, 07:31 AM

Default Take a look at Studio One 3

Avid, take a look at Studio One 3.
Get some ideas, please :)
Old 05-23-2015, 08:54 AM

+1
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 05-23-2015, 09:39 AM

StudioOne v3 is AWESOME! and I think they give you $100 off if you upgrade from any DAW to StudioOne v3. To date the best DAW I've ever used and I started here with Session-8 for PC.

George Ware
Old 05-23-2015, 09:59 AM

Arranger track with Sketch pad is an amazing feauture .....
Old 05-23-2015, 10:14 AM

We tried the original couple of versions and were impressed.
I always advise newcomers to check out studio one first.

I have them written down somewhere, but we just came up with too many featured that were not as fast or intuitive as PT, and did not switch.
Maybe there is just too much going on

Version 3 looks pretty cool, but I still have not gotten over a few previous products, that were really good, that they abruptly stopped support and parts for.
The monitors are pretty unreliable too.

We also purchased one of the digital mixers that turned out to be a headache a few times during live shows.
(Restarting is a tad embarassing right in the middle of a song.)
I would like to be officially sold, but have always felt a little let down by Presonus.

I hope they step it up a notch.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:33 AM

Tried the demo, it's really awesome. Sorry Pt 12HD.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:25 AM

Look at Studio One V3, that's what an upgrade looks like.
Not to mention their pricing ...
Old 05-24-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyko View Post
Look at Studio One V3, that's what an upgrade looks like.
Not to mention their pricing ...
Yes...but check this thread first - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-...one-3-daw.html LOT of issues sadly.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Yes...but check this thread first - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-...one-3-daw.html LOT of issues sadly.
Well I've migrated across many of my session and I don't see any of these issues. The same sessions/plugins that barely worked in PT12 at 1024 samples work flawlessly in S13 at 256 samples. I'm using a brand new AVB/Thunderbolt interface connected through Thunderbolt.

I'd say the difference is optimisation. I haven't had any of the issues these people mention. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying you can be sure they'll get addressed quickly with Presonus, it is their normal way of doing things, they actually listen to the users and don't dictate to them because they're the "industry standard".

I'm with the OP on this comment. While I didn't have to upgrade to 12, I did on good faith, and in almost 2 months I've heard not a whisper of even when to expect some new features... So can jeffro or Marianna chime in and maybe give us some insight? I would like to know what my money has paid for and if I can actually expect to see anything for it before my support plan expires or if I've just thrown money into the toilet?

For what it's worth, Logic Pro X costs as much as just the support plan for Pro Tools, and they've continued to improve as well, with compression meters and VCA faders, they're actually listening as well. So that's two DAWs that are listening while one major player is not. I'm sure Steinberg listen to their users now too as they've already been through their phase of unfounded arrogance.

If you guys are still upgrading accounts almost two months after release, I would expect it is the last time you will need to do so for many of those users whom have probably already found an alternative since both Logic and Studio One have had some pretty major updates in this time. So, jeffro, Marianna? Can anyone shed some light on when were likely to expect to see new features?
Old 05-25-2015, 10:50 AM

It appears Avid is still stuck in that period of unfounded arrogance. (Nicely worded.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftStudios View Post
Well I've migrated across many of my session and I don't see any of these issues. The same sessions/plugins that barely worked in PT12 at 1024 samples work flawlessly in S13 at 256 samples. I'm using a brand new AVB/Thunderbolt interface connected through Thunderbolt.

I'd say the difference is optimisation. I haven't had any of the issues these people mention. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying you can be sure they'll get addressed quickly with Presonus, it is their normal way of doing things, they actually listen to the users and don't dictate to them because they're the "industry standard".

I'm with the OP on this comment. While I didn't have to upgrade to 12, I did on good faith, and in almost 2 months I've heard not a whisper of even when to expect some new features... So can jeffro or Marianna chime in and maybe give us some insight? I would like to know what my money has paid for and if I can actually expect to see anything for it before my support plan expires or if I've just thrown money into the toilet?

For what it's worth, Logic Pro X costs as much as just the support plan for Pro Tools, and they've continued to improve as well, with compression meters and VCA faders, they're actually listening as well. So that's two DAWs that are listening while one major player is not. I'm sure Steinberg listen to their users now too as they've already been through their phase of unfounded arrogance.

If you guys are still upgrading accounts almost two months after release, I would expect it is the last time you will need to do so for many of those users whom have probably already found an alternative since both Logic and Studio One have had some pretty major updates in this time. So, jeffro, Marianna? Can anyone shed some light on when were likely to expect to see new features?