Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2022, 07:04 AM

Default Pro Tools plays clips twice on playback after import.

Hi everyone.

I have just made an account with this community as I have found it extremely helpful in the past, but I can't find a solution to my current problem anywhere online.

I'm currently tracklaying a short video with a standalone license of Pro Tools (version 20.11.0) that I've been using for a couple of years with no issues whatsoever with playback or file importing. I've got this problem where Pro Tools will playback clips twice; once when I press play, then it cuts back to the beginning of the clip and plays all the way through. This is making it very difficult to work on the sync with the video as the waveform will look lined up with the frame, but when I play it back the clip sounds a frame or two behind.
When I play the clips in solo mode I can hear the click a couple of ms into the clip where playback cuts to the start of the clip again.
Loading the same audio files into reaper gives no issue, so I don't believe there is a problem with the recordings themselves and the sample rate of the recordings all match the session.

What's weird is that when I save and re-open the session, the issue goes for a while, and then re-emerges when I Import some new audio. I have saved the session as, restarted my computer, and cleared my cliplist but no luck; it just won't go. I know that compatibility is a little weird with Pro Tools and macOS Monterey but the issue first appeared yesterday when my computer was running Big Sur. I updated to Monterey to see if this would fix the issue. It didn't.

The framerate of the video is 24fps, the session is set to 24fps and 48KHz. Has anyone had a similar problem / know how to fix it?
Thanks for reading all of this.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools plays clips twice on playback after import.

Hello,

IIRC a restart usually fixes that.
Another fix would be to copy/convert files on import.

Best of luck

Franky