Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 07:26 AM

Default Painting Studio.

I am thinking about painting my studio walls a flat GREY
with a Purple ceiling, and the wall in front of my console Purple also.
Looked good in this TRADING SPACES paint book at barnes and nobles for another guys studio.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I once painted my studio, MintGreen with Silver Doors and Ultra White Ceilings
and it was too sterile.

I'm looking for a creative environment.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Painting Studio.

I painted my studio burnt sienna and white. It's a real warm, creative environment.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:01 AM

Yep, my guess is you're gonna get as many different answers as there are colours.
It's all a matter of taste.
My "official" studio is gray/navy blue/white and wood, because it gives a "seriousness" to the place which I feel is important for my clients.
My "home" studio is light blue and white (walls) with dark blue carpet. The walls in this new room were already nicely finished in blue and white so I just expanded on the theme with the carpet because I couldn't be bothered with a repaint job. But Sienna Red (or any warm colour) would work fine for me, too.
Whatever makes you or your customers comfy and gets your creative juices flowing.
More important for me is to try to design a space which looks tidy because I hate it when there's stuff lying around. It's okay if it gets messy during a session, but I like to start in a clean space, with storage for any spares, cables, CD's, etc.
But that's just me.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:48 AM

I agree with the concept of a colored studio: I painted mine all green ( think something like this but morebrilliant and deeper ), while all of the acoustic treatment is padded in black robe; all of the studio furniture (including gear racks and my workstation desk) are blonde wood. I did it because I worked for 1 and 1/2 years in a totally gray studio, that was so oppressing to me; if you look at some pics of major post and big bucks studios you'll notice that most of them have some sort of color scheme inside, that if well though out will add a creative and comfortable vibe while still looking serious and professional: this was the concept I was after when painting and building my studio.

L.G.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:06 AM

how 'bout black w/red trim?