Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Apple Logic anyone ? THIS IS BIG

Quote:
Originally posted by studiotony 001:
hello,

Frank, a lot of what you said makes since, but I hope you are kidding about the lawsuit. What grounds are you going to go after them on. If we could go after logic for this, then theoretically we could go after any company that went out of business or was sold off. There is no law that I know of that could make this possible. Maybe you just threw it in there for fun and I (like a dork) am taking it to seriously. I don't know what is going to happen with all of this stuff, but I hope it does not interfere with Digi and Apple.

thanks
tony
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Its not so bad being a dork, so don't feel bad. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My whole post was written from the sarcastic 'reporters angle' reading through over 500+ whining and crying posts in ONE DAY on the LUG and summarizing THEIR thoughts and opinions and conjecture - most of them based on faulty logic (no pun intended), flawed assumptions, and plain old religous platform beliefs.

In fact, I found the whole thing sooooo laughable so I wrote it that way too. Its all for fun really. Myself, I think this whole apple/emagic thing is wonderful - I see alot of positives for the Mac platform, OS X, and the future of music on the computer.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Slim Shady:
It seems Steinberg's anxious to get their hands on all those pissed off PC users:

Steinberg Crossgrade offer

What'd that take, about 24 hours?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The line at the end made me laugh

"You're also welcome to keep your old software."

Ouch! They must be so pleased about this.

Nocturnal
Old 07-03-2002, 06:10 AM

I must say that I am delighted with the news.

As someone who composes music and video film and having been used to running Logic Platinum (with a logic control) and some basis movie editing within iMovie, I believe that Apple will now redefine the a [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] udio recording industry, thus finally giving the public a working platform for Computer/Video/Audio editing.

Good news for compatibility. But will Apple start making audio (interface) hardware ?

I guess they will have to adoppt the Emagic hardware (midi and audio interfaces) and rebrand them with the addition of new functionality.

Regards Pat (in Dublin, Ireland)
Old 07-03-2002, 06:18 AM

Apple may not be as invulnerable in the security department anymore. Interesting article here:

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stor...873326,00.html

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-03-2002, 07:24 AM

Hello,

If anyone has gotton the new book from digi called "5.1 for music production" , go to page 22 and read the middle paragraph. This tells us what we can be in store for. I dont think Digi would put that in there book if it was not true. Basically it says that if you are going to go to the new system OSX and PT then you must start over from scratch on the plug-ins and everthing. I have stated this before and will do it again. I will be on OS9 and a mix system until 2010.

tony [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]