Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Apple Logic anyone ? THIS IS BIG

A months ago, I heard a rumer that Apple was going to make an Audio app.
Maybe, that's about this.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:14 AM

Andrew,

Apple isn't waiting for Motu or Digi. It is the other way round....

Jaguar, the next version of OS-X, will have a new audio core and new MIDI functions. My bet is that none of the major audio/midi applications will go OS-X until Jaguar is here.

Stein Tore
Old 07-01-2002, 06:22 AM

Oh my. coincidink here. I just downloaded Logic 4.7.0 on friday (dont ask) and what a cluster F that is at first glance. what the hell is that environment window. Oh my... an app more confusing than Cubase? nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I need a manual.

This is good though, Logic users swear by it as DP users do, guess it's time to take the plunge and actually attempt a project in one of the other apps. oh my... which one. Logic? Guess i had better get used to it. Whats with these ugly interfaces these apps use though? DP has the worst, followed by FCP, then Logic. I just want my rainbowed interface like Pro Tools.... a standard mac os9 interface. It's one thing I cant stand about OSX... it hurts my eyes.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:53 AM

you can download an update to 4.8.1 direct rom the emagic website [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 06:57 AM

This is not good for us. At least it's not good for me at all. I have friends who use Logic on PC.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:32 AM

I tried the upgrade but it failed. I'll try it again tonight. any idea as to where a manual can be acquired in .pdf? I hope this app isnt 999.00 and if i dont like this 4.8 then i sure wont jump on the newer version. is it gonna be iLogic now? I'm glad I got a copy i can try though. Anyone know of any good books available for it?

F the PC users. Now they know how we feel. Untill we get band in the Box with audio (were on 8, PC users are on 11) I feel nothing for em. let them get a real system (Mac) if they want to do audio. has anyone ever heard a PC user say.... "I feel bad for those mac guys.. they dont have 'Bob's dentistry accounting for Dogs'"
Old 07-01-2002, 08:05 AM

ironically, one logic book can be found at :pc-publishing.com
the one I have only covers up to verison 4.5
Old 07-01-2002, 08:17 AM

ckerian... there is no version of the logic's manual on the net in .pdf, it's one of emagics ways to combat piracy.... you know you shouldn't use crack(s) right?!? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, Logic is not nearly as hard to get to grips with as everyone makes it out to be.... but you do need the manual.

Back on Topic.... I think this is a great move and look forward to the OSX version of "iLogic"

I also feel sorry for Logic PeeCee users, but if they are really serious Logic users, they will have to bite the bullet and move to Mac... afterall, Logic is a mac program.

My €0.02
Old 07-01-2002, 08:29 AM

I'm loving this...

I been spending a lot of time using and learning Logic lately. I must admit it is a departure standard audio and MIDI sequencing.

Once I got past the newbie stage I discovered the power and logic behind logic.

I am looking for forward to the future of Logic with Apple. Because I invested the time to learn it and also the money to buy it I beleive I made the right choice. When apple releases whatever is their first version I believe I will be ready to upgrade my equipment and software. So i now know that a significant uprgrade in technology awaits me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 08:45 AM

the logic manual is, in my opinion, one of the worst manuals ever written. it is extrememly unclear and you would probably spend less time trying to find an answer on a user conference.

You do not need the manual