Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM

Default SD2 no longer working

Hey all, I am setting up a backup computer and have loaded in all my Toontracks stuff(since I am allowed 2 installs). The plugin opens fine and seems to play fine(all drum sounds are heard when the kit is triggered). The problem is with previous sessions. I took the recording drive from my main computer and installed in the backup computer. Open the a session and all appears correctly on the screen and all audio files play perfectly. But the instrument track with SD2 on it makes no sound. I tried removing the plugin and putting it on fresh>no go. I tried making a new instrument track with a new SD2 instance and pasting the midi from the old instrument track to the new one>still no go. I even tried pasting the midi to a midi track and assigning it to either of the SD2 plugins and>still no go. Anybody know what I am missing here? The sessions all play fine on the other computer and it doesn't seem to matter which kit I choose.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Default Re: SD2 no longer working

Okay, the crickets are deafening. So I have discovered that ezdrummer works perfectly, so this is an issue with SD2. I guess if no one has any ideas, I will uninstall and start over

Old 11-17-2011, 07:58 AM

I have had this happen before but I can't remember how I got it to work again.

Please keep us updated if you find a cause and or a solution.

Thanks

Philip
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 AM

I'm going to uninstall and start over

Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 AM

Have you or did you at one time change the octaves or the notes that trigger each drum sound? A fresh install would / might have a different assignment.
Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
Have you or did you at one time change the octaves or the notes that trigger each drum sound? A fresh install would / might have a different assignment.
Just a thought

Never did that. I suspect its due to the new build and not getting the correct configuration with the samples drive(the reinstall should fix that).

Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 PM

You know when I changed my sample drive I had this problem. It worked and then forgot where the drive was. I was able to fix it by reassigning it but I do remember some problems with that.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 PM

Sadly, this entire machine has stuck it to me at every turn. After re-installing all my SD2 stuff, including the latest update, I also updated to 9.0.3. Then the machine would not reboot. So now I am starting over with a complete reinstall of EVERYTHING

Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Albee...I realize this is an old post and it's likely - from the other machine issues you've mentioned - that there were multiple demons at play here; however, I've had this happen several times since upgrading to PT9 and PT10 and I always forget the fix, until I remember it ( ) and then I wonder why I'm often so stupid. Now I'm not saying this is the be-all, end-all fix, however, when I've had this happen, for some reason, PT changed the instrument assignment, so I simply go to the top of the track list (with INSTRUMENTS showing from the VIEW sub-menu-little-icon-thingy), change it to the SD instance I'm attempting to use and it fixes it.

Again...I know this is an old post and hope you've already resolved the issue(s), however, if you wouldn't mind updating your results for the likely future possibility of us having to figure this out, I (and I think we) would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
Albee...I realize this is an old post and it's likely - from the other machine issues you've mentioned - that there were multiple demons at play here; however, I've had this happen several times since upgrading to PT9 and PT10 and I always forget the fix, until I remember it ( ) and then I wonder why I'm often so stupid. Now I'm not saying this is the be-all, end-all fix, however, when I've had this happen, for some reason, PT changed the instrument assignment, so I simply go to the top of the track list (with INSTRUMENTS showing from the VIEW sub-menu-little-icon-thingy), change it to the SD instance I'm attempting to use and it fixes it.

Again...I know this is an old post and hope you've already resolved the issue(s), however, if you wouldn't mind updating your results for the likely future possibility of us having to figure this out, I (and I think we) would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for taking a stab at it, but I did a fresh install and got it working(except my NY Studios disk is bad). There is a window within SD2 where, in theory, I should be able to link the plugin with the library, but I have yet to be able to make anything happen in that window. Guess I need to spend some more time reading the help files I'm a bilingual illiterate. I can't read in 2 languages