Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2010, 02:28 AM

Default Gain dont save with propagate

Hi I've got the 2.8.5 on my D-Show and do some edit and propagate on snapshot. I've edit Gain on a track then want to propagate on the other snapshot and it thosen work, i've try also the same in edit mode.
I've try a other thing is to cahnge gain and EQ and for this it work. But only gain not.
It's very incomfortable because i'm on tour and evey nicht I've got change in the gain structure, so anybody see the same probleme ?
Rémy
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Avid

Default Re: Gain dont save with propagate

Hi Remy,

Here are a few things to check:
  1. On the Snapshots page, ensure that PRE is scoped for each snapshot
  2. On the Snapshots page, Recall Safe tab, check that the Gain parameter is not safe'd for the chanells you wish to recall
  3. On the Options > Snapshots page, check that "Gain, Pad and Phase" is checked
  4. If an input is double-patched to more than one channel, make sure both channels are in the snapshot's scope
  5. Note that gains aren't stored or recalled when using Pro Tools HD as the playback source
Have a look at these areas and let us know if any resolves the issue.

Sheldon
Old 05-19-2010, 02:11 PM

Hi Sheldon
Thanks for the check, yes i've use 2 channel for one mic Pre ( layer 1-48 for FOH and 49-96 for monitor), so exacly I didn't select the both channel ( 1 and 49 for example) I try this tomorow.
But when i've donne more than 2 edit ( gain, eg and what else) it works very well with only one channel selected ??
Salutations Rémy
Old 05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Avid

Hi Remy,

Yes, that would be it. The reason that Edit mode appears to work and Propagate mode doesn't is due to the different ways the two modes work.

In Edit mode, changing the gain on one channel also changes the gain on the second (linked) channel, and both changes are automatically tracked and saved for these channels.

Propagate mode uses the same "scope" concept as snapshots, so if only one channel is scoped when the propagate occurs, the second (unscoped) channel will not have its gain change stored. What happens in this case, is that the gain change is saved/recalled for the first channel, but when the second (linked) channel is recalled, the gain - which is common to both channels - effectively overwrites the first channel's setting with the old setting.

Sheldon
Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 AM

Hi,
have to bring this post back up.
Working on a Profile for a theatre, where we do a lot of propagation for existing shows.

Since last weekend, we have no chance to propagate changed gain structure from certain channels. Sometimes it might work after 10 tries, but for certain channels... nogo!
Definitely no recall safes, double routing or else involved.

Can a showfile become corrupted to a point where these things might happen? And if so, is there a way to make them work again?

We ended up setting values for all snapshots individually. What a drag....
The desk is running on 2.9.x by the way.

cheers
Ralf
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Avid

Hi Ralf,

Could you possibly give a step by step description of what you're trying to do? That would help narrow down where the problem might be.

The basic Propagation process should be:
1. Make gain changes on one or more channels
2. Select the snapshot(s) you wish to update
3. Click on Propagate to enter the mode
4. Scope the channel strip(s) you wish to update
5. Scope the PRE data type
6. Confirm the propagation and exit the mode

This updates the PRE data for the selected channels, in the selected snapshots.

It's unlikely there's any file corruption going on (unless you're seeing some other oddities as well).

Sheldon