Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2011, 07:53 AM

Default M-audio BLUE SCREEN of DEATH!! Fixed!!

I just had this problem with my m-audio axiom 49. I had it for about a year and half and barely used it, upon turning it on last week I experienced the "BLUE SCREEN of DEATH". all my modes were locked and the null and bank button were lit and locked. I also tried re installing the enigma software to send it back to factory settings... Nothing. Even holding +\- down upon restarting it. So finally after numerous attempts and fails.. I decide to try one last thing. A new 12v power adapter and it WORKED!!! The screen came back and the keyboard reset itself. I hope this works for everyone else if they try. Cant promise anything but do try this. It may be a last resort instead of having to send you keyboard out and dealing with headaches. Im wondering if its caused buy power issues but goodluck to everyone with this problem
Old 05-01-2011, 02:51 AM

Default Re: M-audio BLUE SCREEN of DEATH!! Fixed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcrumposer View Post
I decide to try one last thing. A new 12v power adapter and it WORKED!!!
I have the same problem. I haven't tried a power supply yet, but upon checking it out I see that it's supposed to have a 9V DC 500mA Power Supply according to their website
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...9VDC500mA.html

Do you think throwing in a few extra volts 'shocked' it into action?
Think I'll try the 9V first and see what happens.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 AM

Default Re: M-audio BLUE SCREEN of DEATH!! Fixed!!

I also got the blue screen and same exact symptoms but I did not have access to a 12v dc ps as I'm vacationing in nowhereville. It does seem like a power problem or from what I've read.... a chip. It seems confused in communicating with the host. So if you are reading this and are very upset that this has also happened to you and need it working again asap...... First try another usb cable. If that doesn't fix it.... Try turning it off and on 100 times if you have to. I think it took me about 300 or so in total or just removing the usb from the back. Try holding down on some pads/buttons at the same time as you do this until something appears on the screen. I did a - and + reset and eventually a 105 appeared. I switched usb ports several times trying to get it to react. I finally got it to where the usb not recognized dialog did not appear. I eventually got Studio One to recognize it. It started working again.... briefly, then back to the blue screen again. Turned it on and off and still a blue screen. I noticed the screen flickering a bit to. I shut down my Focusrite Pro 40 and the Axiom got going again. I guess the slight change in power affected it. I took me hours but its working again. It seems like it's sick/confused and gets a little better the more I use it. Just keep fking with it and it should eventually come back. I hope this helps someone.