Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Default Delay Compensation and Recording

I'm using PT8 HD3, and am recording a V-Drum track on a session that has a significant number of plug-ins.

With delay compensation on, the V-Drum audio is greatly delayed when I'm playing, to the extent that it's impossible to record this way. If I turn off delay compensation, the V-Drum has virtually no delay, but many of my other, plug-in laden, tracks exhibit delay, again making it difficult to record the drum track accurately.

What do most of you do in a similar situation? Mute most of the plug-in heavy tracks until delay compensation is turned back on? Or de-activate the worst plug-in offenders while delay compensation is off? Or perhaps there's a better way that I'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may respond.