View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Any touch screen users here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmmm. Well, since I have a Faderport, I can do fader rides on that. So maybe just being able to tap the screen(left hand) to bring up sends or plugins would still be a step forward. Much of my "fader riding" now is actually mouse/breakpoint/adjustments(old habits really do die hard). Just trying to decide if one of these touchscreens really has anything to offer beyond the "gee whiz" factor
I hope you have long finger nails or small fingers to open inserts/sends accurately. If you have 3 in series, you'll need to be pretty precise just to open the one in the middle. I can see touch being used to quickly swipe track selections, mutes, record, or solo etc, but PT would need swiping to be developed in the UI along with the buttons reorganized. Don't forget a microfiber cloth to get rid of the finger prints, and make sure no nose pickers get on your work station. If you venture into this territory, definitely keep me posted with your tips. I was really into it myself until I tried it.

How's that PreSonus FaderPort? I take it this uses HUI in PT? I think I'll grab one and give it a go, as it looks very tactile and functional!

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit