Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack GUI in PT11 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348282)

musicman691 12-24-2013 03:59 AM

Re: Eleven Rack GUI in PT11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2114597)
Well looking at my latest coffee grinds says that's even more likely now to mean it's a STAND ALONE EDITOR. Wow I'm so excited..... :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2114608)
It's not just the stand alone editor - it's also the eleven rack window inside PT for rack embedding and so on....

It really increases it's viability as a product to have both

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2114623)
Oh you want both, better brew your own pot of tea...

Darryl & YYR:
That's what I thought after last night's update session and my morning tea read is saying the same thing. Like I said earlier in this thread I think after The Chimp posted here it's beginning to look like they can't do an editor window inside PT11. I mean - look at all the other things they fixed but they couldn't add the 11R window?

In the spirit of Mr. E. Scrooge: bah, humbug!

guitardom 12-24-2013 12:37 PM

For such a simple post by Chimp, its getting entertaining watching how far you guys are reading into it!!! :D

YYR123 12-24-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2114704)
it's beginning to look like they can't do an editor window inside PT11. I mean - look at all the other things they fixed but they couldn't add the 11R window!

Unbelievable - they can do anything - anything is possible - didn't McCartney say that?

musicman691 12-24-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2114877)
For such a simple post by Chimp, its getting entertaining watching how far you guys are reading into it!!! :D

It doesn't take a psychic to see what The Chimp was really saying. You don't have to read into anything - it's all there. He said sorry that we (Avid) had to drop the 11R window in PT11. That says it all, particularly given we still don't have it in PT11.1. Ain't going to happen I fear.:(

Sam C 12-24-2013 06:26 PM

Talking to a friend at Sweetwater about the Eleven rack today, he seems very confident they are working on the editor for PT11. Sweetwater has a good relationship with Avid, so I'm hoping he is right.

CME 12-25-2013 11:47 AM

I think he's saying they'll release an 11r v2 at NAMM and there will be a $99 cross grade for current 11r owners. And you must have the 11r v2 with the new stand alone editor that is compatible with pro tools 11.2.

But my tea leaves are really old and smell funky lol.

dsearles 12-26-2013 08:42 AM

I am new to this forum but I cannot find this info easily and I am hoping that the experienced users of Eleven Rack will be able to help.

If I buy an ElevenRack w/PT11 included will I be able to download and install PT 10? The reason I would want to do this is that I want the Eleven Rack control window that is in PT10 but missing in PT11 as described in this thread. Also, I have a Mac running Mavericks (MacOSX 10.9), as I understand it PT 10 may not run on Mavericks, does anyone now whether it will run on Mavericks?

If PT 10 does run on MacOSX 10.9 (Mavericks) would I be better off buying an Eleven Rack w/PT10? What would I be missing by not having PT11?

Thanks in advance, David

musicman691 12-26-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsearles (Post 2115300)
I am new to this forum but I cannot find this info easily and I am hoping that the experienced users of Eleven Rack will be able to help.

If I buy an ElevenRack w/PT11 included will I be able to download and install PT 10? The reason I would want to do this is that I want the Eleven Rack control window that is in PT10 but missing in PT11 as described in this thread. Also, I have a Mac running Mavericks (MacOSX 10.9), as I understand it PT 10 may not run on Mavericks, does anyone now whether it will run on Mavericks?

If PT 10 does run on MacOSX 10.9 (Mavericks) would I be better off buying an Eleven Rack w/PT10? What would I be missing by not having PT11?

Thanks in advance, David

Actually the info you need is easy to find. The PT11 license asset is a combined asset that allows you to run PT10 and PT11 on the same computer. Been mentioned many times on this forum. Any 11 Rack you buy comes with this; there's no such thing as an 11R with either just PT10 or just PT11.

Actually when you buy an 11R you do not get a disk with PT on it - you have to download it from your Avid account. If you're buying a new 11R in the box there should be an iLok2 for which you will have to setup your own iLok account - it does not come pre-authorized for PT. Also in the box will be a yellow registration card which is for the 11 Rack only. There will be a small credit-card sized card stuck inside a box about the size of a cd and about a 1/4 inch thick and this has your PT license code which you will need to enter in your Avid account.

Some people have had success running PT10 on Mavericks but it is not officially supported at this point in time.

Is there any way you can back-date your Mac to Mountain Lion? You can still get ML from the Apple online store but you have to call them and ask for it.

Justin1524 12-26-2013 10:50 AM

I really thought it was just a question of time and resources for Avid to put the 11 rack editor back into Pro Tools 11. The software was released in June 2013 and we still don't have it. Like so many of you I am left looking at the grayed out Eleven Rack in the Windows menu wondering when it will return. I don't think it's too much to ask Avid what their intentions are. Will the Eleven Rack editor return to Pro Tools 11 or not?

Darryl Ramm 12-26-2013 11:20 AM

Avid has said it is coming. So you already have that answer. I suspect you actually wanted to know when it is coming.

Lots of users wanted a stand alone editor, so Avid may be doing that instead, or in addition to being able to run the GUI in Pro Tools. Avid in their usual style are unlikely to pre-announce things.

Vercingetorix 01-09-2014 05:35 PM

Been ages since I've been around these parts I had some major happenings during the later half of last year - all not fun, anywayz, I went and had a look at IdeaScale for old times sake and I saw a curious thing that the Standalone Editor had a green signifier on the right hand side.

How long has that been there?

YYR123 01-09-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 2119631)
How long has that been there?

Ages it feels like :)

Vercingetorix 01-14-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2119633)
Ages it feels like :)

Well, wonders never cease, the idea really was "in progress" :eek:.

musicman691 01-16-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2114704)
Darryl & YYR:
That's what I thought after last night's update session and my morning tea read is saying the same thing. Like I said earlier in this thread I think after The Chimp posted here it's beginning to look like they can't do an editor window inside PT11. I mean - look at all the other things they fixed but they couldn't add the 11R window?

In the spirit of Mr. E. Scrooge: bah, humbug!

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2114877)

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2114949)
Unbelievable - they can do anything - anything is possible - didn't McCartney say that?

I'm wondering if the standalone editor (and I'm not knocking it in the least) is an admission on Avid's part they couldn't do it inside PT11?

More importantly - what about in the View menu in PT11 and the 11R being greyed out - if you click on that will it open the 11R window and editor?

YYR123 01-16-2014 08:35 PM

I think they are gonna make us wait....till namm, damn

musicman691 01-17-2014 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2122237)
I think they are gonna make us wait....till namm, damn

They're not the first company doing this; EW with a couple of their libraries aren't coming out till NAMM either.

James_Ian 01-27-2014 10:16 PM

Hello there,

My first post here. I am another recent purchaser of the 11R with PT11 and have been coming to the slow realization that what was advertised is not what I got. No 11R GUI really compromises work flow. I understand my PT11 license gives me PT10 to work with, but the 64 bit Waves plugins I also bought won't work with PT10.

There was no heads up about this anywhere I looked when considering this purchase. I guess I could have found out here, but I wasn't a PT user yet...

Here's a question: If I record tracks in PT10, will those track open and run in PT11? That would be a workaround.

Anyway, from what I've read on this thread it seems unlikely there will be a GUI update. Kind of a sleazy way to run a business.

I'm loving the 11R though.

J

Sam C 01-27-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Ian (Post 2126510)
Hello there,

My first post here. I am another recent purchaser of the 11R with PT11 and have been coming to the slow realization that what was advertised is not what I got. No 11R GUI really compromises work flow. I understand my PT11 license gives me PT10 to work with, but the 64 bit Waves plugins I also bought won't work with PT10.

There was no heads up about this anywhere I looked when considering this purchase. I guess I could have found out here, but I wasn't a PT user yet...

Here's a question: If I record tracks in PT10, will those track open and run in PT11? That would be a workaround.

Anyway, from what I've read on this thread it seems unlikely there will be a GUI update. Kind of a sleazy way to run a business.

J

Your waves should work in PT10, mine always did and I don't recall anyone else saying they did not.

I don't feel that the Eleven Rack GUI compromises workflow...how does it compromise yours?

PT10 and 11 can open each others projects.

I really wouldn't say sleazy but....to each his own.

Benoni 01-27-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Ian (Post 2126510)
Hello there,

J

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350148