Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

Righty27 01-26-2014 11:32 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

OK - I downloaded it yesterday with Safari along with Space and associated IR files. Some (not all) used the download manager and others worked directly in Safari?!

musicman691 01-26-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker (Post 2125869)
Does anyone know if Avid has plans to make the editor accessible from inside PT-11 (and beyond)? I could have sworn that I read that this was going to be part of the release a couple of weeks ago. Alas, age could be setting in. :confused:

It is accessible but you have to manually start the editor. Like I said I'd love to see it come up automatically when clicking on the still greyed-out menu item.

Vercingetorix 01-26-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickjm (Post 2125943)
I just tried again with Safari out of curiosity. Now instead of looping me back to the registration page, it is just looping this page over and over when I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link. Firefox, on the other hand, launched the download manager immediately upon clicking the link. Oh well...

I actually had trouble w/ FireFox. The first time I tried to download it just sat there at 5%, the next attempt went to 1%, the third attempt got to 20%, after that I rebooted the computer and finally got the complete file. I suppose that could've been the result of having to update the Java plugins.

zedhed 01-26-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deansy (Post 2125457)
I was just amazed how many who actually downloaded the editor, can't get it to work due to no faults of their own!

Notwithstanding the issues pointed out by Avid; It's debatable where the fault lies since a lot of us had it downloaded and up & running in no time.

analog orange 01-27-2014 09:29 AM

Regarding 3.

Where did you see/hear that AVID was adding USB3 support? Does that include support for newer macs with an eleven rack? Been having connectivity issues with my 2012 mini.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadisonV44 (Post 2124878)
1 - The 11R Editor is back, this is a good news !!
2 - Moreover it's stand alone editor, this is really great !!
3 - The other very very good news for me is the USB3 support. In my perticular case it's a keypoint to migrate from Windows to my brand new MacBook Pro running under Maverick (Just a little fear in regards to the 2x USB 3 ports on the MacBook Pro if the Ilock is required ...)

I'm not home today so I won't be able to test but I'm so exited, just can't wait !

Big time
Thanks Avid

Benoni 01-27-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by analog orange (Post 2126271)
Regarding 3.

Where did you see/hear that AVID was adding USB3 support? Does that include support for newer macs with an eleven rack? Been having connectivity issues with my 2012 mini.

Read the Eleven Rack Editor Troubleshooting and Tech info page

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350148

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...en-Rack-Editor

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ck-Editor#USB3

analog orange 01-27-2014 03:17 PM

Thanks! That helps a lot but it begs one question for me. If I use the latest driver for my 2012 mac mini (1.2) I'm only to use that with Mavericks. But Mavericks does not support dual installs of v10 and v11. So if I need that, and I do, do I stay with the 1.11 driver, on the latest mountain lion then? And hope that it works with my usb3 mac mini?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2126375)

HackersDna 01-30-2014 04:49 PM

Sup everyone.. I was having a problem with the Editor that i thought i would share along with the fix. Might help someone.

First I'm running Win 7 SP1. So..

After downloading the editor then launching it. The Icon would end up in the task tray. When you clicked on it, Just barely you would see it flash from the icon to below the screen. Click the icon again and it would flash from the bottom back to the icon. Just like any other program but this would be totally off the screen to where you couldn't see it, and certainly not use it. This was the fix..

To "move" a window from offscreen, do the following:

Click the application in question on the task bar (needs to have focus and be in a restored state)
Move your cursor above the task bar until the thumbnail image appears
Right-click on the thumbnail image (you will be presented with the option menu, one of which is "Move")
Select the "Move" option
Left-click-hold on the desktop and drag the window into view

Hope this helps. Its a Win7 thing and not so much an Avid thing.

Benoni 01-30-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HackersDna (Post 2127643)
Sup everyone.. I was having a problem with the Editor that i thought i would share along with the fix. Might help someone.

First I'm running Win 7 SP1. So..

After downloading the editor then launching it. The Icon would end up in the task tray. When you clicked on it, Just barely you would see it flash from the icon to below the screen. Click the icon again and it would flash from the bottom back to the icon. Just like any other program but this would be totally off the screen to where you couldn't see it, and certainly not use it. This was the fix..

To "move" a window from offscreen, do the following:

Click the application in question on the task bar (needs to have focus and be in a restored state)
Move your cursor above the task bar until the thumbnail image appears
Right-click on the thumbnail image (you will be presented with the option menu, one of which is "Move")
Select the "Move" option
Left-click-hold on the desktop and drag the window into view

Hope this helps. Its a Win7 thing and not so much an Avid thing.

Hmm... you're the 3rd person who has mentioned having this problem on Windows 7.... I cannot replicate this on Windows 8.....

What kind of video card do you have? Nvidia, AMD/ATi ect....?

HackersDna 01-30-2014 06:40 PM

Its on a cheap I3 system and its running an Intel graphics card. Like i said earlier it's defiantly a W7 problem.

On a side note since i have your attention, I wanted to say Thank You very much for all the video's and hands on info that you provide for the 11R. Your video's and uploads of rigs not only help the experience of the rack was also one of the solid reasons I purchased the unit. So again Thank You and I pray you never loose interest in the rack. lol.