Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   pause when play/record (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=295836)

loubunk 03-01-2011 12:31 PM

pause when play/record

I am running Pro Tools 9 with a Zed R16 firewire mixer on Windows 7.

Whenever I try to playback or record, the transport blinks the stop and playbutton for a second, then the word "pause" appears in green at the bottom of the screen and then it stops. No playback or recording

I have read some other threads related to earlier version of Pro Tools but could not find a reference to this problem on Pro tools 9.

The wierd thing is it was working for about a month, and now it is not. Did not install any plugins or software.

This sucks.

Hotcrazyfruit 03-01-2011 01:11 PM

Re: pause when play/record

Its a bug, set your rtas processing cores to a different amount, select ok, then change it back. Or simply change the maximum percent of cpu usage.

Nick

loubunk 03-01-2011 01:27 PM

OK, went to setup-playback engine and changed "host processors" (is that RTAS processing core?) and then changed back. Also changed "CPU usage limit" (is that maximum percent of cpu usage?) an changed back.

neither worked.

loubunk 03-01-2011 03:12 PM

UPDATE: I reinstalled and now it works. WTF!

loubunk 03-04-2011 10:07 AM

OK, problem has returned even after the reinstall and update to9.0.1. Now,there is one session that causes the problem, but others do not.

Actually, this is how it started before, then seemed to spread to all sessions. Is this even possible?

Hotcrazyfruit 03-04-2011 02:07 PM

Try trashing prefs and databases then.

Nick

Nullfusion 03-21-2011 02:59 PM

same problem. very very annoying. sure glad im not recording a band,
that would be fatal ;) good old hardware buttons.

i changed from logic to my new protools 9 about 1 month ago and besides of a few crashes everything was ok so far.

now this strange problem occured. no play. no nothing. just the bling bling no matter what i do.
i have a newer black MBox and even the new Protools 9.0.2 Update. Still not working. A new blank Session is playing but if i open (from there on) the Sessions that worked just yesterday, they dont.
Tried the IO default. didnt work. I read of this Problem with dates long time ago already in earlier versions.

As i tried to change the Buffersize, and then back again, Protools completely hangs and does nothing even after 15 Minutes, so i have to interrupt it manually. The whole Session actually acts pretty strange. As i tried to remove Plugins it was taking wayyy to long. somethings wrong..
looking forward 4 the true solution..