Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

Cowboy Bob 01-25-2014 12:03 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2125626)
Sorry it was such a hassle to install. Glad to hear that it's working well for you now. What version of Windows are you on?

Jeffro - I am on Win 7 Pro sp1.

Yeah I have no idea what was going on. I failed to mention earlier that I tried to install both with Webroot running and with it disable. The final installation was with it ON.

Like I said, I have had ZERO issues with my ProTools sessions, so I was extremely puzzled.

Thanks for being here and gathering info.

jeffro 01-25-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob (Post 2125629)
Jeffro - I am on Win 7 Pro sp1.

Yeah I have no idea what was going on. I failed to mention earlier that I tried to install both with Webroot running and with it disable. The final installation was with it ON.

Like I said, I have had ZERO issues with my ProTools sessions, so I was extremely puzzled.

Thanks for being here and gathering info.

You bet. Thanks for the additional info. I just set up a Win 7 Pro desktop in the office recently so will check this out on that machine when I'm in the office this coming week.

Sam C 01-25-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2125619)
Please provide details on the problem you are experiencing and we'll do our best to help.

Eleven Rack Editor uses some of the components/code from Pro Tools 11. So while an iLok/license is not required, it does need the iLok License Manager software installed. This should actually be done by the Eleven Rack Editor installer, but if that is not working properly we need to investigate why. It can be downloaded (free) from https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deansy (Post 2125433)
What a nightmare!! All of this for an editor! If this is a standalone editor, why does it need Pace? Sorry but I can't help just point out how terrible this make the Eleven Rack look compared with every other effect device in the hundred dollars range and above. They all come with editors that don't seem to have all these requirement and restrictions. Screw that, I have never ever been able to edit any effect processor from its own front control panel as fast as I can the Eleven Rack. I still appreciate the effort I'm glad to feel that the product isn't abandoned, but no editor for me. I hope Avid will finally realize that Eleven Rack Platform isn't dead and even if they don't create an expansion pack because the current chip has no juice left, an Eleven Rack II with an updated processor and more amps, will be a great seller and possibly a platform for more paid expansion packs/amp store etc.

Forget about it jeffro....after I commented he mentioned he hadn't even downloaded the app and wasn't going to. Go figure, huh??

musicman691 01-26-2014 04:45 AM

After further use with the editor I have to sat thanks to Avid. Yes it is dark but it looks the same as the old built-in editor in PT10; ditto for the size although it would be nice if it could be made bigger. Something I noticed as regards the darkness is the background has a lot to do with that. Dark background like a dark desktop at least for me makes the 11R gui seem darker than it is. Not so bad with PT11 open as the background. Glossy screen on my iMac isn't helping either. But this is just my setup and others will be different.

DAR Fritz 01-26-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2125828)
After further use with the editor I have to sat thanks to Avid. Yes it is dark but it looks the same as the old built-in editor in PT10; ditto for the size although it would be nice if it could be made bigger. Something I noticed as regards the darkness is the background has a lot to do with that. Dark background like a dark desktop at least for me makes the 11R gui seem darker than it is. Not so bad with PT11 open as the background. Glossy screen on my iMac isn't helping either. But this is just my setup and others will be different.

I agree. Been using it now and it's working great. Nice to have it work with Logic X. Thanks Avid!!!

PatriotsBiker 01-26-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2125505)
I only have one real negative to say about the editor and it's more in the line of why didn't Avid do this: they already have in PT11 a menu entry like in PT10 to open the editor except in PT11 it's greyed out. I'd say enable the menu entry to open the standalone editor.

Does anyone know if Avid has plans to make the editor accessible from inside PT-11 (and beyond)? I could have sworn that I read that this was going to be part of the release a couple of weeks ago. Alas, age could be setting in. :confused:

nickjm 01-26-2014 08:34 AM

Why is the download link not working for me??

I fill out the registration info, click the "submit button, then I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link and it takes me right back to the registration page without starting a download or giving me a list of installers to choose from.

Talk about frustrating…

EDIT:

Wow… So it was simply an issue of using Safari. I tried Firefox and it is now working. Dumb problem.

Righty27 01-26-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickjm (Post 2125880)
Why is the download link not working for me??

I fill out the registration info, click the "submit button, then I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link and it takes me right back to the registration page without starting a download or giving me a list of installers to choose from.

Talk about frustrating…

EDIT:

Wow… So it was simply an issue of using Safari. I tried Firefox and it is now working. Dumb problem.

Sometimes, clicking on the download link in Safari will open a new window with Avid's 'download manager' ... just click download here and it should work without requiring an alternative browser :)

nickjm 01-26-2014 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2125888)
Sometimes, clicking on the download link in Safari will open a new window with Avid's 'download manager' ... just click download here and it should work without requiring an alternative browser :)

I just tried again with Safari out of curiosity. Now instead of looping me back to the registration page, it is just looping this page over and over when I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link. Firefox, on the other hand, launched the download manager immediately upon clicking the link. Oh well...

YYR123 01-26-2014 11:16 AM

That happened to me as well - I rebooted and it worked as normal

Righty27 01-26-2014 11:32 AM

OK - I downloaded it yesterday with Safari along with Space and associated IR files. Some (not all) used the download manager and others worked directly in Safari?!

musicman691 01-26-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker (Post 2125869)
Does anyone know if Avid has plans to make the editor accessible from inside PT-11 (and beyond)? I could have sworn that I read that this was going to be part of the release a couple of weeks ago. Alas, age could be setting in. :confused:

It is accessible but you have to manually start the editor. Like I said I'd love to see it come up automatically when clicking on the still greyed-out menu item.

Vercingetorix 01-26-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickjm (Post 2125943)
I just tried again with Safari out of curiosity. Now instead of looping me back to the registration page, it is just looping this page over and over when I click the "Eleven Rack Editor Installers" link. Firefox, on the other hand, launched the download manager immediately upon clicking the link. Oh well...

I actually had trouble w/ FireFox. The first time I tried to download it just sat there at 5%, the next attempt went to 1%, the third attempt got to 20%, after that I rebooted the computer and finally got the complete file. I suppose that could've been the result of having to update the Java plugins.

zedhed 01-26-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deansy (Post 2125457)
I was just amazed how many who actually downloaded the editor, can't get it to work due to no faults of their own!

Notwithstanding the issues pointed out by Avid; It's debatable where the fault lies since a lot of us had it downloaded and up & running in no time.

analog orange 01-27-2014 09:29 AM

Regarding 3.

Where did you see/hear that AVID was adding USB3 support? Does that include support for newer macs with an eleven rack? Been having connectivity issues with my 2012 mini.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadisonV44 (Post 2124878)
1 - The 11R Editor is back, this is a good news !!
2 - Moreover it's stand alone editor, this is really great !!
3 - The other very very good news for me is the USB3 support. In my perticular case it's a keypoint to migrate from Windows to my brand new MacBook Pro running under Maverick (Just a little fear in regards to the 2x USB 3 ports on the MacBook Pro if the Ilock is required ...)

I'm not home today so I won't be able to test but I'm so exited, just can't wait !

Big time
Thanks Avid

Benoni 01-27-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by analog orange (Post 2126271)
Regarding 3.

Where did you see/hear that AVID was adding USB3 support? Does that include support for newer macs with an eleven rack? Been having connectivity issues with my 2012 mini.

Read the Eleven Rack Editor Troubleshooting and Tech info page

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350148

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...en-Rack-Editor

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ck-Editor#USB3

analog orange 01-27-2014 03:17 PM

Thanks! That helps a lot but it begs one question for me. If I use the latest driver for my 2012 mac mini (1.2) I'm only to use that with Mavericks. But Mavericks does not support dual installs of v10 and v11. So if I need that, and I do, do I stay with the 1.11 driver, on the latest mountain lion then? And hope that it works with my usb3 mac mini?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2126375)

HackersDna 01-30-2014 04:49 PM

Sup everyone.. I was having a problem with the Editor that i thought i would share along with the fix. Might help someone.

First I'm running Win 7 SP1. So..

After downloading the editor then launching it. The Icon would end up in the task tray. When you clicked on it, Just barely you would see it flash from the icon to below the screen. Click the icon again and it would flash from the bottom back to the icon. Just like any other program but this would be totally off the screen to where you couldn't see it, and certainly not use it. This was the fix..

To "move" a window from offscreen, do the following:

Click the application in question on the task bar (needs to have focus and be in a restored state)
Move your cursor above the task bar until the thumbnail image appears
Right-click on the thumbnail image (you will be presented with the option menu, one of which is "Move")
Select the "Move" option
Left-click-hold on the desktop and drag the window into view

Hope this helps. Its a Win7 thing and not so much an Avid thing.

Benoni 01-30-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HackersDna (Post 2127643)
Sup everyone.. I was having a problem with the Editor that i thought i would share along with the fix. Might help someone.

First I'm running Win 7 SP1. So..

After downloading the editor then launching it. The Icon would end up in the task tray. When you clicked on it, Just barely you would see it flash from the icon to below the screen. Click the icon again and it would flash from the bottom back to the icon. Just like any other program but this would be totally off the screen to where you couldn't see it, and certainly not use it. This was the fix..

To "move" a window from offscreen, do the following:

Click the application in question on the task bar (needs to have focus and be in a restored state)
Move your cursor above the task bar until the thumbnail image appears
Right-click on the thumbnail image (you will be presented with the option menu, one of which is "Move")
Select the "Move" option
Left-click-hold on the desktop and drag the window into view

Hope this helps. Its a Win7 thing and not so much an Avid thing.

Hmm... you're the 3rd person who has mentioned having this problem on Windows 7.... I cannot replicate this on Windows 8.....

What kind of video card do you have? Nvidia, AMD/ATi ect....?

HackersDna 01-30-2014 06:40 PM

Its on a cheap I3 system and its running an Intel graphics card. Like i said earlier it's defiantly a W7 problem.

On a side note since i have your attention, I wanted to say Thank You very much for all the video's and hands on info that you provide for the 11R. Your video's and uploads of rigs not only help the experience of the rack was also one of the solid reasons I purchased the unit. So again Thank You and I pray you never loose interest in the rack. lol.

Vercingetorix 01-30-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HackersDna (Post 2127663)
On a side note since i have your attention, I wanted to say Thank You very much for all the video's and hands on info that you provide for the 11R. Your video's and uploads of rigs not only help the experience of the rack was also one of the solid reasons I purchased the unit. So again Thank You and I pray you never loose interest in the rack. lol.

+1

YYR123 01-30-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 2127671)
+1

Yep +100

Bill Denton 01-31-2014 03:45 AM

What he^ said...

bredo 01-31-2014 05:45 AM

+1. Dedication is a word that springs to mind :-)

And now we can use the next 4 years asking for a dedicated foot controller :D

HackersDna 01-31-2014 03:32 PM

Hey Bredo, Actually the ground control pro works perfectly with the 11R. When you go into setup it even ask if your are connecting to an 11R.

Ive been using the GCP for years now with many other rigs and it holds up like a tank thru a many many beer sinking nights. And yes i did say "Sinking" lol

bredo 01-31-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HackersDna (Post 2127947)
Hey Bredo, Actually the ground control pro works perfectly with the 11R. When you go into setup it even ask if your are connecting to an 11R.

Ive been using the GCP for years now with many other rigs and it holds up like a tank thru a many many beer sinking nights. And yes i did say "Sinking" lol

Thanks, I will check it out.
Read about it 4 years ago, and kind of forgot about it.

OneStrat 02-01-2014 02:11 PM

I installed the standalone editor today on my 2011 MacBook Pro running Mavericks. It works perfect! The Eleven Rack and Logic Pro X are a super setup!

LYE 03-05-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2125640)
You bet. Thanks for the additional info. I just set up a Win 7 Pro desktop in the office recently so will check this out on that machine when I'm in the office this coming week.

Hey Jeffro, I have the exact same issue as Cowboy Bob running Windows 7 SP1.

I upgraded to Pro Tools 11. Installed all plugs etc.
Then installed stand alone Eleven Rack driver and editor.

Ran the editor once and it worked! Then ran Pro Tools 11.
It identified the Eleven Rack as my default I/O so I switched it over to my Apollo.

Then I exited the editor as well, just to make sure i wasn't causing any conflicts.
Once I switched to the Apollo, Pro Tools 11 started giving me an Eleven Rack Communication Error with the option to reconnect. So I pushed it. It reloads everything and then clears and then immediately comes up with the same error.

So I decided I would shut everything down and go for a reboot.

Once rebooted I reconnected my Eleven Rack and launched the editor only to experience the white screen editor window. (mind you the File and Options menu are there)

It then appears to be loading all of the settings and once that completes the program minimizes to the task bar and will not return.

If you hover over the task bar it shows you the mini window and within that I can see a small White screen showing haha.

I uninstalled the driver and the editor and reinstalled and continue to get this exact problem.

I also had the same issue on install as Cowboy Bob that it wouldn't install the Visual C++ (2010) version. I went to the microsoft site and got a direct download of this. The installer for that informed me that a more recent version of that program was already installed on the system.

This evening I will attemp a full clean install of Pro Tools 11 and Eleven Rack.

Any other ideas?

Benoni 03-05-2014 01:04 PM

A couple things you could try...

If you have Areo Peek on, hover over the Editor in your taskbar and once you get the Peek Window, Right Click the Peek Window and choose MOVE.

Or you can SHIFT+Right Click the Eleven Rack Editor in your taskbar and choose MOVE.

You can also read through this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2126865

and look at other solutions other people have used.

LYE 03-07-2014 07:25 AM

Hey Benoni! Thanks for posting!

Went through those instructions and a couple of reinstalls.

It is now working!

However, it still makes no sense to me what so ever hahahaha.

The Shift+Right Click didn't seem to bring the graphics back.

But the instructions to "Bring to front" from the task manager, combinedwith a few restarts and re attempts seemed to work.

Maybe Avid can look into this as a bug for the next version?

I'll keep you guys posted if the problem re occurs.

Take care!

BCnSTL 03-07-2014 09:00 AM

Another big "THANK YOU" to Benoni.

And thanks to Avid for the 11R Editor!

Benoni 03-07-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYE (Post 2138494)
Hey Benoni! Thanks for posting!

Went through those instructions and a couple of reinstalls.

It is now working!

However, it still makes no sense to me what so ever hahahaha.

The Shift+Right Click didn't seem to bring the graphics back.

But the instructions to "Bring to front" from the task manager, combinedwith a few restarts and re attempts seemed to work.

Maybe Avid can look into this as a bug for the next version?

I'll keep you guys posted if the problem re occurs.

Take care!

As far as I know, they are at least aware of the issue. I don't know if they will fix it though.

Also, there seems to be two different kinds of errors that happen to some people.

Some will have the Editor Minimize itself in the Taskbar and it won't let you Maximize it.

While with others, the Editor will Minimize itself in the TRAY, which is what sounds like happened to you, so you followed the correct directions, what I posted was for the Taskbar.

Just wondering, what kind of video card do you have?

FreeBlues 03-07-2014 12:23 PM

I'm having the same issue others have reported here. The Editor worked great for a while, then just stopped. All I see is a blank box with a very thin portion of the Editor on the left hand side. I can at least now get this box to display instead of only showing on the task bar, but I can't get any more.

I've looked at the various fixes others have reported, I've re-installed, done all I can think of, all without success.

Anyone got any additional ideas? This was a GREAT program when it worked.

hmj 03-07-2014 01:59 PM

here is another option to fix...

http://weblogs.asp.net/kdente/archiv...nd-center.aspx

dolor3s 01-20-2015 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HackersDna (Post 2127643)

... Its a Win7 thing and not so much an Avid thing.

I'm not so sure
I have the same problem on Win 8.1
it is only in the version 1.0 and Avid seems to be resting assured that their product is so perfect.
well guys, it's far from that.

Bozo Aus 02-07-2015 04:53 PM

Same issue here. Running Windows 7 Home Premium (V6.1 with SP1).

The standalone editor was working fine until yesterday then today it started with the minimised to task bar issue. Resolved via task manager.

The only thing I did different yesterday was to load some user presets downloaded from elevenrackpresets.