Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Announcements > General

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Post Important Update on Upcoming Creative Tools Price Adjustments | 7.1.19

Important Update on Upcoming Creative Tools Price Adjustments

We wanted to give you a heads up on some important changes regarding the pricing of our Creative Software products. We are announcing that we have adjusted several of the prices of these offerings effective July 1, 2019. Some prices have increased, some have stayed the same and some have decreased.

As many of you know, the entire technology industry is going through a major shift from perpetual licenses to a new business model focused on subscription. This directional change is a positive shift for many users that are interested in more flexible and affordable payment options and only paying for those features, functions or services they need to access. Avid is always looking at ways to improve efficiencies in this area and while we have maintained the same pricing since our subscription offers started over 5 years ago, that will be changing. We continue to deliver new innovations, as well as new ways of enabling our customers to do their jobs faster and easier. This includes the recent announcements of the 2019 releases of Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius.

A major focus of our analysis was on the shift from perpetual to subscription models and as a result we have increased the number and appeal of cross-grade offers for those that are interested in shifting from perpetual to subscription. We have also increased the number of payment options for subscription, including pay up front annually, commit annually but pay monthly and pay as you go, monthly. In addition, we have decided that customers currently subscribing to Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius will not have a price increase, however they must continue to keep their subscription current in order to maintain their existing price.

Please know that Avid understands the impact and implication of price increases and this is not a decision we take lightly or without significant analysis and thought. For those of you that are currently on Perpetual Licenses, the increase ranges from 0-33% on new licenses depending on the product and type of license. As an alternative to renewing at the new pricing, there are incentives for you to cross-grade from your current perpetual license to subscription, like decreased pricing and additional functionality, depending on the product. We would highly recommend that you look at those options as you consider your next renewal.

FAQs

1. WHEN DOES THIS PRICE CHANGE TAKE EFFECT?
The new pricing will take effect July 1, 2019.

2. WILL AVID STILL OFFER BOTH PERPETUAL AND SUBSCRIPTION OFFERINGS?
Yes, we will continue to offer perpetual licenses for our Creative Products, but subscriptions are the preferred software licensing model and as such will have more benefits.

3. WILL AVID STILL SUPPORT DONGLES AND ILOKS?
Yes, Avid will continue to support dongles and iLok for managing licenses.

4. WILL AVID STILL OFFER UPDATE PLAN REINSTATEMENTS?
Yes. For specific eligibility please check with your Avid Account representative or local reseller.

5. IS PRICING FOR PRO TOOLS AND PRO TOOLS ULTIMATE UPDATE PLAN REINSTATEMENT STAYING THE SAME?
Yes, these Upgrades remain at their current prices ($299 USD and $999 USD respectively).

6. IF THE UPDATE PLAN FOR MY PERPETUAL LICENSE EXPIRES AFTER JULY 1, 2019, CAN IT BE RENEWED BEFOREHAND AT THE OLDER PRICE?
Yes, you can renew the Update + Support Plan prior to its expiration date, since this will simply extend the end of your current plan another year. Renew prior to July 1, 2019 to take advantage of current pricing.

7. CAN I PURCHASE MULTIPLE UPDATE PLAN RENEWALS NOW OR ARE WE LIMITED TO A CERTAIN AMOUNT?
You can renew for multiple years while an Update + Support Plan is active, but they must be purchased prior to July 1, 2019 to take advantage of previous pricing.

8. IF I PURCHASE AN UPDATE PLAN RENEWAL NOW FROM MY RESELLER, HOW DOES MY PLAN GET EXTENDED?
If you purchase a renewal from a reseller you will be given a renewal code which you can use any time before your plan’s expiration date. If you purchase a renewal on the Avid webstore, it will automatically update your Pro Tools, Media Composer or Sibelius product and license.

9. IF MY SUBSCRIPTION EXPIRES AFTER JULY 1, 2019, CAN IT BE RENEWED BEFOREHAND AT THE OLDER PRICE?
Customers who purchased subscriptions prior to July 1, 2019 can continue to renew their subscriptions at the original (current) price.

10. WILL AVID CHANGE PRICING ON AVID.COM?
Yes, and pricing will be the same for our customers on the Avid webstore and through resellers.

11. WILL THE EDUCATION PRICING CHANGE?
No, Educational pricing for the Creative Products will remain the same.

12. IF I BUY A PRO TOOLS CROSSGRADE, DO I KEEP MY EXISTING LICENSE?
No, you would be moving from a Perpetual license to a Subscription license (discounted for the first 2 years).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64840617_10156490513750823_8234077116799385600_n.jpg (58.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Avid; 06-27-2019 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Updated the Q&A.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Important Update on Upcoming Creative Tools Price Adjustments | 7.1.19

Please note that the FAQs have been updated to clarify the changes occurring on 7.1.19.