Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Default Salesforce?

I'm curious to know if anyone else has come across this. I was upgrading/purchasing PT11 through the AVID store within Pro Tools 10 over the weekend. Whilst going though the process and hitting continue in order to plop in all the credit card details to purchase, I was redirected to salesforce. I have never heard of them, nor do I need anything from them. Several times I restarted and AVID had a link directing me to their site. I assumed it was some kind of verification process, so I give them my email, and number in order to create an account, and eventually stopped, and tried to purchase via safari, and was no longer directed to salesforce. Now though, I'm getting emails and received a phone call, and I'm kind of pissed with AVID that whilst trying to go though a secure transaction, this happened. Anyways, if this is intentional from AVID, that is unbelievable.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Salesforce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhermiston View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone else has come across this. I was upgrading/purchasing PT11 through the AVID store within Pro Tools 10 over the weekend. Whilst going though the process and hitting continue in order to plop in all the credit card details to purchase, I was redirected to salesforce. I have never heard of them, nor do I need anything from them. Several times I restarted and AVID had a link directing me to their site. I assumed it was some kind of verification process, so I give them my email, and number in order to create an account, and eventually stopped, and tried to purchase via safari, and was no longer directed to salesforce. Now though, I'm getting emails and received a phone call, and I'm kind of pissed with AVID that whilst trying to go though a secure transaction, this happened. Anyways, if this is intentional from AVID, that is unbelievable.
Hi,

Are these emails and phone calls from Salesforce spam and not at all related to your purchase?

Are you sure this is not your credit card verification taking you to this site?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:40 AM

They are a company that provides services for Avid and many others. I'm not sure what exactly, but they handles certain types of things that companies don't do in house.

Avid has used them for years for various aspects of what they do. So it's nothing to be alarmed about. A while ago I had the same thing where I got emails from them, but I just unsubscribed and it wasn't a problem.

Here is their website if you want more info:

http://www.salesforce.com/
Old 02-18-2014, 08:46 AM

Yes, I imagine it's spam in a way. It certainly is in no way related to my credit card verification, as the link within the AVID store was redirecting me to the account creation portion of salesforce.com, and the AVID store page went blank. Salesforce provides CRM which after browsing for a few seconds is Customer Relations Management. The email was from a representative, and that representative called me first thing this morning. I told him I had no interest, but I was quite turned off about how I was connected to this service through trying to purchase from AVID.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
They are a company that provides services for Avid and many others. I'm not sure what exactly, but they handles certain types of things that companies don't do in house.

Avid has used them for years for various aspects of what they do. So it's nothing to be alarmed about. A while ago I had the same thing where I got emails from them, but I just unsubscribed and it wasn't a problem.

Here is their website if you want more info:

http://www.salesforce.com/
Good to know, thank you. What poor taste I think to be thrown around when I'd rather not waste time and get my system back up and running.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:41 AM

hey - I too am having the same problem - I think i'm gonna go nuts doing this freekin upgrade - its JUST NOT EASY enough - protools used to notify of updates available a few months back,, but that has since stopped ... my MBox is not working since I upgraded to Yosemite - woopdy doo
Old 04-13-2015, 11:57 PM

I have been trying since a couple of days (!) to 1) get some serious answers from the "support" and 2) buying the plug-in DINR. Nothing works. The "support" don't know what salesforce is, they ask me to change browser, to change card, even though I try to buy the plug-ins from the Marketplace inside ProTools. (Meaning, there is no browser needed to complete the transaction.)
I am getting really p*ssed here - I am trying to use my money to buy from AVID - and they are not interested in letting me give them my money. What is the problem?
First of all, I really want to have the DINR plugin. I need it. Can someone help?
Old 08-30-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljudlager View Post
I have been trying since a couple of days (!) to 1) get some serious answers from the "support" and 2) buying the plug-in DINR. Nothing works. The "support" don't know what salesforce is, they ask me to change browser, to change card, even though I try to buy the plug-ins from the Marketplace inside ProTools. (Meaning, there is no browser needed to complete the transaction.)
I am getting really p*ssed here - I am trying to use my money to buy from AVID - and they are not interested in letting me give them my money. What is the problem?
First of all, I really want to have the DINR plugin. I need it. Can someone help?
Slightly off-topic, but I would strongly suggest you consider alternatives to DINR. It never worked well for me. Even the cheap SoundSoap, which isn't awesome, worked out better than DINR.

We're now using Izotope and are happy enough with it to have stopped shopping for something better.