Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2008, 04:28 PM

Default "Problem detected with audio clock....." Tried everything so far... help!

If you could help that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Compaq CQ50-106CA here are the specs:
  • AMD Turion X2 64
  • Nvidia chipset
  • 3GB RAM
  • 250Gb HD
  • Windows XP SP3
  • Pro Tools LE 7.4cs7 with MBox 2 Factory

I keep getting this message pop up that says "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct."

I've set my clock to internal and my sample rate to 44.1kHz. Ive tried setting my playback engine to 2048 samples, 2 processor, 90% CPU use, 3000MS and cache size of large and it still gives me that msg.... And all I'm trying to do is play a single mono wav file in an empty session.

I know my laptop isnt the best, but even on my desktop that isnt as good it worked fine...

I've also disabled my onboard audio on the laptop but this was done in windows so and I wasn't able to even find the option in my BIOS to disable the audio on there.

However all of this said, there was one instance where the audio did play ONCE in the import window dialog when i was auditioning a sample in there... but that was the only time!

Anybody know?
Old 11-11-2008, 05:50 PM

Default Re: "Problem detected with audio clock....." Tried everything so far... help!

That message with no external clock makes me suspect you have a bad Mbox, BUT you also need to consider a few things,
1-Turion cpu's are not supported
2-you need to disable wifi when running protools
3-you should be recording to an approved audio hard drive
4-check out the threads on "help us help you" and "general troubleshooting" to find out more.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 PM

Default Re: "Problem detected with audio clock....." Tried everything so far... help!

If you use a USB cable make sure it is connected directly to a high speed port.
If that's not it than I can't help you
Old 11-12-2008, 01:34 PM

When I got that error Sweetwater was quick to replace my 003 Rack unit. I no longer get that error, though I have to say that I'm not up and running just yet due to other factors.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM

I used to use my mbox on my desktop machine a while back.. I havent tested in a while.. I willl tomorrow night and see if it still works.

How do I check to see if I am connected to a Hi-Speed port?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:20 PM

control panel>system>hardware tab>device manager> scroll to see you usb controllers>click on + :you'll see a list of all your usb ports, usb2 means high speed or USB 2.0 Connecting your MBOX to a hub to a USB2 doesn't work.
THat said if you have firewire I think you're on high speed anyway.

www.myspace.com/junemoris
Old 11-14-2008, 11:24 AM

All mine says is a bunch of
  • Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
  • Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
  • USB Composite Device
  • USB Mass Storage Device
  • 4x USB Root Hub

Also I cant remember the full message but once in a while I would get a -6086 error talking about the hardware buffer, so I put it up to the highest everything would go up too and it still did the same thing.... hmmm this is really annoying
Old 11-14-2008, 08:13 PM

I was getting this error (problem detected with audio clock), a lot. Finally found that an eSATA card used for an external VI was the conflict! Now I'm guessing that you probably don't have an eSATA card, but it seems to me that Pro Tools could be mistaking some conflict within your PC as an audio clock problem??!!! And I realize that this is not much help, but possibly could help you touble shoot by checking other connections or hardware in your PC.
Good luck!! I know how frustrating this can be,,,, Mike
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCoke View Post
All mine says is a bunch of
  • Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
  • Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
  • USB Composite Device
  • USB Mass Storage Device
  • 4x USB Root Hub

Also I cant remember the full message but once in a while I would get a -6086 error talking about the hardware buffer, so I put it up to the highest everything would go up too and it still did the same thing.... hmmm this is really annoying

Again, keep in mind that Turion processors are not supported and have been known to be problematic. It very likely is the cause of these errors.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 PM

I had this "Problem detected with audio clock"

I search for this thread and it mentions Turion not suppported.

I look at my system and of course, it's a Turion.

Thanks Digidesign.