Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Digital camcorder timecode interface question.

Hello everyone! I am looking for a way to interface protools LE Digi 001, with a digital camcorder's timecode. I have heard of Rosendahl's Lif for LANC enabled camcorders, but I am on a tight budget. I need either protools chasing the camera or vice versa, it's not important. If perhaps anyone knows of a camera with a different type of timecode output or interface, that would be helpful. What I want to do is videotape church services and also record the audio through my existing 8 track method, and marry them together inside of protools. If anyone can help with a cost effective solution, I would be very appreciative! Thanks alot!!!!
Old 05-15-2004, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Digital camcorder timecode interface question.

I'm thinking the only solution is a Universal slave driver... motu maybe? In the studio i work in everything is based on a time piece of some sort.