Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Default PT 8 White Noise Bursts during playback!

I know this has been posted before because I've been trying to solve my problem for weeks now and I yes, have read other people's versions of the problem and yes I have tried just about every posted suggestion including the very gruelling 'optimization of windows xp', advised by Digidesign. Trust me people None of it works!

Here's MY problem: during playback and at EXACTLY the same spot the white noise bursts start. This usually happens after about 5 minutes into repeating the song. So no editing here just simple playback. Then I'll stop and play again and the bursts would appear again and again in the same spots. After about 10 minutes of trying to work the Playback Engine etc, the noise would amplify some and multiply, meaning there would be more and more, almost as if the track slowly but surely is being consumed by this hideous alien sound! Now just to make matters even worse, random tracks appear out of sync and some fade in and out randomly.....A real nightmare. When I just sit back and let it run, it becomes a complete cacophony of white noise and there is very little of the recorded track audible.

So now I unplug my MBOX 2 mini and restart. Again I get the same problem! Perfect for the first 5 minutes or so then off it goes again, same deal all over again!. Please keep in mind that I tried using a friend's MBOX2 PRO but again the EXACT same problem,

My system, runs ONLY Pro Tools. There are no other programs installed.

My system is as follows:
PT 8.03
MBOX2 Mini (I also tried the MBOX2 Pro)
WINDOWS XP SP2
4 GB RAM
WESTERN DIGITAL 500G Ext. Drive
Winfast 400 Video Card

I would so much appreciate if there are any new solutions out there.
Regards.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Default Re: PT 8 White Noise Bursts during playback!

keep reading, this seems to be a nightmare (problem with 8.0.3) http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=269242
Old 03-13-2010, 09:26 PM

Reverting to 8.0.1cs1 has been the best answer for most of the people having this issue.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 PM

Added to the list.

Don't put your ears at risk and use 8.0.1cs1.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit