How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2011, 12:32 PM

Default PT9 problem again

Problems again, why.
We have just had an update and this has done nothing, we have been told by a representative that this should not be installed.

My problems are:
1. Crashes on startup when we expect it to be finished, either put in a please wait message or sort the error.
This known to you but all you have done is to tell us you know about it.

2. Have an external hard drive plugged into another USB port and the dongle flags as error - BUG, unplug the dongle and plug it back in and it works fine.

3. PT9 crashes on bounce if you do not set the conversion to during rather than after, it hangs for a little while and then completes its task leaving a glitch / spike on the file.

4 You have no indiction on how many RTAS VST's that we can use or what is the maximum tracks - this is less than you did with earlier versions, it just gives us silly noises which end up on bounce and drive me nuts.

When are we going to have something that has been tried and tested before you release it, I waste more time trying to get the software to work properly.

So far, I have not even recouped the money that I paid for the software because I cannot allow my clients to this see buggy software.

Would someone please release an update that corrects these problems.

DO IT PROPERLY
Old 06-24-2011, 01:08 PM

Default Re: PT9 problem again

Well before you blame Avid make sure you have a compatible system - many of us have solid running systems using PT 9.0.3.

Read and follow the instructions here:

Help us help you - SERIOUSLY, READ THIS!
General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE Windows (even though it's for LE, it still applies - maybe someday we'll get a PT 9 General Troubleshooting thread but I'm not holding my breath!)

And make sure you do this so we can better help you:

Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7