Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Cannot Import Audio....

Hi all,
Been a while since I've been on here, but suddenly ran into a snag I can't figure out. Last night I recorded a band live using my Yamaha AW1600 at 24bit. I've recorded and imported at 16 bits many times..this was my first time with 24bit. Then I USB'd the tracks to my pc for import and processing.

I created a session and did the usual "Import Audio to Track" I select the tracks..etc. Once I hit the "DONE"? key it would normally go into the long process of converting the files for the session. Instead I'm getting this error immediately:
-------------
Could not complete the, "Import Audio to Track..." command because: and assertion
occurred in
"d:\code\vobs\AlturaPorts\Newfilelibs\FF\Audio\Pro cession\FF_AudioProcessRequantize.cpp",
line 143.
--------------

Anyone have any idea on this? I've searched the web and the site as best I could and haven't come up with anything. This is a paid project and I have a shortish timeline so any ideas...send em!

-= Beer
Old 08-03-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Cannot Import Audio....

Quote:
Hi all,
Been a while since I've been on here, but suddenly ran into a snag I can't figure out. Last night I recorded a band live using my Yamaha AW1600 at 24bit. I've recorded and imported at 16 bits many times..this was my first time with 24bit. Then I USB'd the tracks to my pc for import and processing.
What format and sample rate is the original file? Have you tried this with a PT session at 24bit?

Quote:
I created a session and did the usual "Import Audio to Track" I select the tracks..etc. Once I hit the "DONE"? key it would normally go into the long process of converting the files for the session. Instead I'm getting this error immediately:
Have you tried one importing one file at a time? What happens? What about drag and drop from the desktop? Test one file out and see what happens.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 08-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Ok, I got it figured out. I finally hit on some posts that set the light bulb off. I pulled the files into soundforge, and it turns out they were 32bit... dont ask me how as the aw1600 doesn't have this option... maybe soundforge was interpretting something wrong. Anyway, I converted them to 24bit/44, which is what they were supposedly in the first place, and it all worked.

Thanks for your response!

-= Beer
Old 08-03-2007, 05:24 PM

That was gonna be my next question. Glad you sorted it out.

As a side note, I got a job to re-arrange a Hip Hop track a few weeks back. They delivered it as a 32bit/196K session.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit