Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010, 05:04 PM

Default 8.0.3cs1

Anybody tried the patch to see if it fixes the white noise problem??
Old 01-19-2010, 06:43 PM

Default Re: 8.0.3cs1

It fixes SysEx. Has a bug report for the white noise been submitted?

filosofem
Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Has a bug report for the white noise been submitted?

filosofem
Apparently it has received attention internally.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 PM

So I see.

filosofem
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 PM

)*&#%)@Q% and )#&%)Q*& )#*&%#*&.

I know I'll end up copping it for this, but gimmee a break...

8.0.3 was bad enough with the occasional pops and crackles.. But 8.0.3 cs1 has taken it to new heights...

I make my backups this morning and go against my better judgement and install the cs1 update. Restart, trash prefs and databases. Start up PT..

Simple project.. about 10 audio files , about 4 or 5 VI's all disables and hidden. STILL getting the noise...

OK..

Create a new project and import the session data.. Halfway through:
ACCESS VIOLATION OCCURED UNABLE TO READ LOCATION: 0x00002e5c at address 0x04c2b920 in module ProTools.dll

Huh? Close PT and try again.. Same result (3 times total)

Last two times I close PT I get another error message at closing:
ERROR SIGNATURE
AppName: ProTools.exe AppVer: 8.0.03.252 ModName: redline preamp.dpm ModVer:1.0.0.1520 Offset: 000cf14f

What one earth is going on? Everything works just fine, (except for the noise), until I try to import session data into a new session...

In 8.0.1 I do not get the error messages nor the noise.... and I was having noise issues long before I installed the redline preamp plug a few days ago..

Aren't these updates and cs fixes supposed to fix things? As I recall, the fixes were centered around the eleven rack and users were encouraged to install even if they did not use the e-rack.. Rubbish.

There's my vent... if you have suggestions I'm open.. I'll put 8.0.3.(#&%^ back in and remove everything from the plugs folder and see what happens, but honestly.. it's time PT (or maybe my computer) just started working properly.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!

Last edited by danander11; 01-20-2010 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Toned it down a notch.... I really shouldn't let this stuff get to me..
Old 01-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Why did you install 8.0.3cs1?

filosofem
Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Why did you install 8.0.3cs1?

filosofem
To see if it might help the noise problem in 8.0.3. Also because Digi recommended it...

I have 3 drives set up... XP w/8.0.1, XP w/8.0.3 cs1, and Win7 64 w/8.0.3...

It's not stopping me from working. But if Digi is going to recommend that a user upgrade, then the upgrade should make things better, not worse.

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
But if Digi is going to recommend that a user upgrade, then the upgrade should make things better, not worse.
  • Pro Tools 8.0.3cs1 resolves an issue with MIDI Sysex in which some functions of Eleven|Rack, HyperControl with M-Audio keyboards, and MIDI Sysex dumps would not function properly.
  • This release replaces the 8.0.3 Eleven Rack Update. All users who previously downloaded the 8.0.3 Eleven Rack Update should update to 8.0.3cs1.
I own a HyperControl M-Audio keyboard but I don't use SysEx so I ain't updating. Are you having a problem with SysEx with either of those devices? If not why are you updating? Because of this:

*Even if you do not use an Eleven Rack, this update is recommended for all Pro Tools HD, LE, and M-Powered version 8.0.3 users to provide session compatibility with other users that may have an Eleven Rack.

That is, if you are not sending 11R sessions to other users do not update and furthermore right under that statement there reads:

Pro Tools LE 8.0.3cs1 is provided as an interim "customer support (CS)" release to address the issues described. While our testing has not shown these changes to introduce other problems, the fixes described have not been fully qualified by Digidesign.

filosofem
Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
*Even if you do not use an Eleven Rack, this update is recommended for all Pro Tools HD, LE, and M-Powered version 8.0.3 users to provide session compatibility with other users that may have an Eleven Rack.

That is, if you are not sending 11R sessions to other users do not update
Filo, I know we're on the bottom side of the equator and all, but how did you get your statement from what Digi said? Read it again.. slowly this time.

Quote:
and furthermore right under that statement there reads:

Pro Tools LE 8.0.3cs1 is provided as an interim "customer support (CS)" release to address the issues described. While our testing has not shown these changes to introduce other problems, the fixes described have not been fully qualified by Digidesign.

filosofem
My point exactly and probably yours as well.. Why update? for that matter, why provide them if they are NOT tested? That's my beef... pointless as it may seem to you. I suppose I could be like others that just sit around and wait for everyone else to sort out the issues with moving up.. but I want to be a bit more proactive than that, I want to help make things work better.. not just sit around and wait. It's my time and my effort, and therefore my right to complain when something is (seemingly) done poorly. If you look back at my comments after 8.0.1 came out, you'll see that I couldn't find enough good things to say about it.. nor often enough. So I'm not in here just to kick Digi..

fwiw, I have spent the last hour pulling all non-digi plugs out, then putting them back into the plugins folder and starting/trying PT one at a time to see if anything triggered it.. Everything was peachy until I got to the PLAY plugins.. I put them back, bang, noise was back. I pulled them out, and went through the trashing routine again, but I still have noise.

Sometimes it makes noise, sometimes it doesn't. I'll leave Play and all of the IK stuff out and try importing again to see if it still kicks that error. But I really don't know how to duplicate the noise thing.. It's something deeper than plugs I suspect because HD is having similar issues mac or pc.

I dunno.. at any rate... Peace!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:17 PM

Customer Service updates are at users risk. That is, there has been enough customers reporting this SysEx bug that Digi can issue a fix without breaking anything else in the process. If you don't require that fix don't update and then post that the cs update hasn't fixed such and such.

filosofem