Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

Hi, so we have one more beta build coming out to check on a last minute fix, then we'll release. Was hoping for today but I didn't want to do it without this last little fix.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-10-2014, 02:49 PM

Are we looking at a possible release tomorrow or that'll be too soon? I'm patiently waiting for this release before I finish the mixes for my next project.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:11 PM

We'll have a new beta build with the fix on Wednesday. We'll confirm with the user who had the issue that the bug was fixed, and if so, release Thursday.

Everything else such as web page, store, promotional materials, tutorial videos, are ready to go.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-10-2014, 03:16 PM

That's great news to hear, i think I speak for a lot when I say we can't wait to actually use this plugin and hear the magic for ourselves. Now lets change the thread to Slate VMR releasing on Thursday!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLyricz View Post
. Now lets change the thread to Slate VMR releasing on Thursday!

Settle down there thunder, let SS have all the time he needs to make it right. I would rather have it in December than have a crappy, buggy version in November
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:18 PM

True, that's when vcc 2.0 suppose to come out as a module. Either way I'm just looking forward to using it in my mix
Old 11-11-2014, 05:01 AM

LOL. You'd really think Steven would have learned about discussing and promising release dates on his software. Then again, I'm 0% surprised that it's not available yet.

Last edited by Jperkins; 11-11-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Jperkins, I'm really glad you made that comment, because it'll allow me to present some perspective from our side.

Last week our web team was working on the new VMR product pages. These pages were not public, the links were not posted, and this is something companies do all the time. However, someone actually found the product page as it was being worked on and tested, and posted this info to another forum. So then there were a few dozen people thinking the product would launch any minute. At the time, we had a release candidate and it was likely we'd release yesterday, so I revealed that info to calm people down who were expecting a release immediately. We found one more issue which meant that it would not happen yesterday, but someone had already posted this thread here.

My point is, if you walk a few minutes in our shoes, it's not that easy doing this kind of thing. We're constantly learning how to improve, but sometimes you get in a situation that is complex. You'll never see us reveal any more upcoming products before the day they are released, it's really no fun. In the past, we've announced new products at tradeshows because they are ridiculously expensive and it's an easy way to get wide spread press. But in the end, it's not worth it.

So anyway, we're hoping for a Thursday release. Can I bet the bank on it? Of course not, it's software. Some crazy issue can pop up where someone's machine exploded and you can't predict these things and they can absolutely happen last minute. But having said that, it's fairly likely we'll be good to go.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA View Post
So anyway, we're hoping for a Thursday release. Can I bet the bank on it? Of course not, it's software. Some crazy issue can pop up where someone's machine exploded and you can't predict these things and they can absolutely happen last minute. But having said that, it's fairly likely we'll be good to go.

Cheers,
Steven
Wouldn't it be a better approach to not get people's hopes up by refraining from these sorts of statements until you actually do release the product?

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Wouldn't it be a better approach to not get people's hopes up by refraining from these sorts of statements until you actually do release the product?

Shane
If you see the other forum thread, you'll realize that the entire reason behind it was to relieve people from having their hopes that the product was gonna release last week. Anyway, the best approach now is to say it'll be released when it's ready. And my hope is that this "ready" happens Thursday. We're working hard to accomplish that.

Cheers,
Steven