Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Default Complete Production Toolkit Upgrade woes

Unfortunately purchased and upgraded my DV Toolkit license to the Complete Production Toolkit via the AVID store. The required ilok update surrendered my DV Toolkit license and also subsequently that stops my PT 8 LE rig from functioning properly. All references to the original CPTK downloads have been removed from the AVID site. How can I backtrack or fix here? I would have thought that CPTK2 would allow you to use the DV toolkit 2 features in PT8..... wasn't that the idea?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Complete Production Toolkit Upgrade woes

I posted a question about this a little while ago and haven't see a decent answer to it yet.

Your experience confirms my suspicions that if you do upgrade, then you're screwed if you need to use PT8 for anything again.

As you were mentioning I think your only hope is to find an installer for the original CPTK and hope that it works. I hope that this is the case. Let us know if you do find anything ....
I've tried to find an orignal CPTK installer too, and have not had any success yet

And if not I hope Digidesign realizes that this is an issue and would issue a legacy ilok asset that allows older dvtk or dvtk2 or mptk to run still.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:16 PM

I was certainly under that impression, as you can see from this thread:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285489

My CPTK still works with v8, but I bought it prior to the v9 upgrade.

Hopefully someone from Avid can help here (?), but are you looking for the original CPTK installer to download? Presumably you'll get the features back if you install that on the v8 machine, right?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks basslineb, yes that was my thought too but all traces of the original installers for CPTK are gone-burger. It's like it never existed.

And yes I need the DV Toolkit 2 back again. It's not even like I can actually go up to PT9 on this particular rig as it's a PPC Dual 2.3 on Leopard.

Digi?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Yeah hopefully Avid can provide a download link, but if you get stuck PM me and I'll upload the installer for you. It's fairly sizey though and I'm sure there will be others, so Avid...?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:34 PM

I think it's about 3gb right bassline?

Yes Avid definitely needs to address this ....

Even if you find the installer, I'm not sure that the upgraded CPTK2 asset on an ilok will authorize the original CPTK.

If anyone can enlighten us any further, that would be great.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 PM

Yeah, 3.17GB. And you're right, it may not even work.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:45 PM

Hey thanks for the offers! You are most generous. Nah really what I need is the ability to use my DV Toolkit license on the PT 8 setup. In all previous upgrades of ProTools (I have HD as well) the ilok has been left with a backwards compatible path that allows the user to use the previous version of software.

Technically AVID have actually stolen my ability to use the software I own. That remark may seem inflammatory but it's the situation.

I've filed an AVID Support Centre woe form. Lets see how long this one takes.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:08 PM

For what it's worth, the original Complete Production Toolkit was NEVER available to download from the website, unlike the DV and MP kits which were.

I have no idea why this is. Customers who purchased the CPTK could only download it from their Avid account.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 PM

Fair enough. Although the AVID store did not mention the fact that I would lose functionality when I paid the $$$. Maybe they need to explain this to the buyer.

It simply is not clear.