Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
Well it's nice to see that this thread is finally getting the attention it deserves from DUC members. Hopefully, AVID will follow suite.
This... and oh yeah... BUMP!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
Well it's nice to see that this thread is finally getting the attention it deserves from DUC members. Hopefully, AVID will follow suite.

This thread, to me, is the best example of several of the ADC related issues we have in PT11 with AAE. The clearly articulated VI issue that is dominant in this thread is one - however, the DUC is littered with "Compensation Issues" ranging from:

The common thread is stressing of the ADC Buffer or incorrect use of the ADC Buffer. In all cases, there are the possibility of timing misalignment if the buffer is stressed too much.

While the video bug has seen the majority of AVID's and the DUC's attention - this issue infects ALL of us - even those of us not working with video regularly.

I hope the continued attention this thread is generating finally lands with AVID - and we see their attention focussed on solving all of these Compensation issues.
Thanks for posting this. I do remember going through the Aux Input thread the but others I happen to miss.
What I find most interesting is that Mods have commented in all the other threads except for this one
Two separate people here have stated they have had conversations with Avid Reps basically saying this is not a priority for them. And some people here think that these people heard it wrong. If that's the case what conversation do you think took place? Like I said before the simple fact that there is no response from Avid regarding this, is basically telling the consumer that this is not a priority!
And why have mods commented on the other threads but not this one?

Mac Pro5,1 2x2.24 12-Core, ATI HD5770,
OSX 10.11, 16GB RAM
Apollo Quad Firewire, UAD2 Solo & Quad
NI Maschine v2
PT2018
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I find it hard to believe someone from Avid listened to a description of the issue and proclaimed it "unimportant".
Well if was important to them to fix - the thought they acknowledged the bug months ago and it's still not fixed would leave anyone to observe it's not an important bug (To Avid).
If they felt it was important someone would have chimed in and here and said they they working on a fix and would have it rectified asap.
and clearly they are not doing it - nor are they even working on fix for this.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 PM

You know, there's a big difference between "they haven't fixed it yet" and "Avid said it's not important".

He claimed that they outright told him at NAMM that it's not important, which is something I am having trouble believing.

There's no way for you (or me) to know whether they are working on a fix, so it's not clear. All we know is that it's a bug, that they haven't announced anything, and that it hasn't been fixed yet. Remember when Mavericks compatibility for PT11 wasn't released yet (or even announced) and people were claiming it's not a priority, and that Avid wouldn't address it?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 AM

The bigger issue here is Avid's total refusal to share any information with their user-base. Even the Moderators have avoided this thread (along with the numerous other threads relating to delay compensation issues).

I get daily marketing emails from Avid about events, new products and crap I could care less about. In the mean time every post I've made about legitimate technical issues, along with the reports I've filed with their ideascale database, get comprehensively ignored.

I recently ditched Logic Pro and moved to Cubase/Nuendo for writing work, partly because Steinberg have a forum which is properly moderated, and enjoys genuine and honest input from developers (even if it's not always what users want to hear). Avid need to take a good look at their customer support systems, because this is appalling.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerman View Post
The bigger issue here is Avid's total refusal to share any information with their user-base. Even the Moderators have avoided this thread (along with the numerous other threads relating to delay compensation issues).

I get daily marketing emails from Avid about events, new products and crap I could care less about. In the mean time every post I've made about legitimate technical issues, along with the reports I've filed with their ideascale database, get comprehensively ignored.

I recently ditched Logic Pro and moved to Cubase/Nuendo for writing work, partly because Steinberg have a forum which is properly moderated, and enjoys genuine and honest input from developers (even if it's not always what users want to hear). Avid need to take a good look at their customer support systems, because this is appalling.
+1
StudioOne + Cubase (+ Pro Tools for simpler old stuff)
Old 04-09-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intransit View Post
How could anything be too deep in the code for the team that coded it to address it. lol
As the Months tick away, you tell me.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 AM

+1
Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 PM

bump
Old 04-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sealove View Post
bump
Hope this will be fixed before the PT version the new freeze feature will come out.
Please fix rudimentary bugs first before implementing new (buggy) features !
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8