Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM

Default EZ Player Pro Problem

I'm having trouble getting EZ Player Pro to work with PT8, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I know about the Toontrack GUI problems, but I thought EZ Player and Superior Drummer 2 worked.

I insert EZ Player first on a stereo instrument track and then insert SD2. I get sounds from SD2, and if I put MIDI on the track I get sounds, but nothing from EZ Player.

Does anyone have this working?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Default Re: EZ Player Pro Problem

I thought ezPlayer Pro was for stand-alone operation. Inserting SD or ezdrummer by itself on a stereo instrument track works fine for me.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-11-2009, 02:35 AM

In the other DAW that I use, if you insert EZ Player on the same track as SD2, it "plays" it.

It's a great way to audition fills or beats before I drag them into the track.

It doesn't seem to work in PT8. SD2 works, but no sound from EZ Player.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 AM

(speculating, I don't use any of the above software)
put both on stereo instrument tracks
Insert EZ drummer on the first and EZPlayer Pro on the second.
Set the MIDI out of the EZPlayer track to EZDrummer.

Playing a pattern in EZplayer should play out EZDrummer
Old 02-12-2009, 07:25 AM

I solved this problem.

EZPlayer had to be placed on a mono instrument track, and Superior Drummer on stereo instrument track.

In the Mixer window, you send the output of EZPlayer to the Superior Drummer track, and it works.

In Reaper I could just drop both VSt's on the same track and it worked fine. So I was a little confused with PT.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the help guys. Had the same issue. On the Stereo Ez DRummer inst. track you put the input as "all channels ez player out1". Plain "ALL" will not work in the stereo Drum sample instrument track which in my case is the Ez drummer. Make a Mono Ez player instrument track as "ALL" and "Ez drummer 1 channel 1". Stereo instrument track must have "record" armed to hear Ez player.

Peace
Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimst57 View Post
I solved this problem.

EZPlayer had to be placed on a mono instrument track, and Superior Drummer on stereo instrument track.

In the Mixer window, you send the output of EZPlayer to the Superior Drummer track, and it works.

In Reaper I could just drop both VSt's on the same track and it worked fine. So I was a little confused with PT.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Reaper worked fine for me also but PT was a head scratcher trying to get EZplayer Pro working. Looking forward to giving it a go again in PT.

As a side note, a big +1 for EZPlayer Pro. A very killer and handy app.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 04-20-2009, 05:52 PM

I am having major problems when dragging midi files to the timeline from EZ player pro (set up on mono inst track and SD on stereo inst track). I am drumming along dragging, auditioning and dropping like I did in EZ drummer....then all of a sudden the track name screen comes up and totally locks out protools. You have to end the program (cntrl+alt+delete).

Has anyone else had this happen? The reason I am asking is it seems to only happen when I am using the EZ player pro to audition SD. I have updated everything and this never happens when using EZ drummer alone in PT8.

Strange things here.

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent