Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Reaper and Pro Tools 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Thanks Scott... I actually had d/l'ed that one and tried it, but it wasn't quite what I thought it would be.. I reckon I'll just have to break down and learn Reaper.

Peace!
No problem. I actually tweaked this one a bit more to my liking. I think Romi did a decent job though.
I think editing in Reaper can be quite similar to PT if you set up the keymap properly (maybe even better?). I'm sure Shane's map will make it very easy for Toolers to switch over.
...and he's such a generous guy that's MORE than willing to share!

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation
Old 09-15-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
A very long list of advantages. User definable macro actions that will basically give you new features, multiple sessions open up at the same time all existing in tabs(in the same session), an SDK to code your own features, insane routing, 64bit mix buss and 64bit end to end signal path, offline bounce, MIDI to audio rendering, audio and MIDI can exist in the same track, PiP(Project in Project), complete customizable UI, save your plug-in chains, launches blazing fast, plug-in parameter modulation, fast bug fixing, organized open beta program, developers that listen, Audio/MIDI streaming over networked computers(boost your performance with that old PC collecting dust), ping calculated external hardware PDC, user scriptable plug-in engine, separate network effects processing, multiple audio format support in the same session, install and run it off a USB thumbdrive, run your plug-ins as separate processes(they run "outside" of REAPER), 4MB install file....
I think the critical point is that it is not from a seriously self-conflicted company that feels a need to cripple the vast majority of their customers and destroy all of their own synergies in a fit of obtuse vanity.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
Dude, relax; you came out the side of your neck with the i'll never use a pc comment; so what! and for the record; i'm bulletproof with protools 8.01; zero problems just like Reaper; it's too bad you're having so much trouble

What could it be?

Have fun with your ppc
No. YOU relax. I haven't used a PC in 20yrs. I don't talk out of my neck. that's your dept(that's why you spend so much time editing to clean up what you write)... Read your own posts, slick.

P.S.- At what point did your brilliant intellect figure out I was having trouble? 'Cause I sure didn't say it....

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 09-16-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogeekzine View Post
So I should like it.
Not necessarily. One of the areas I feel needs a massive overhaul is the area selection(which will get some development love soon). I'm not a fan of area selection in REAPER at all.

Quote:
but I don't. Editing is nothing like in PT.
Most of the editing is faster but, you have to customize it. Mouse over editing is quite easy to setup for example.

Quote:
Shane, please teach us.
I think this discussion is best suited for the REAPER forum.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottedog View Post
No problem. I actually tweaked this one a bit more to my liking. I think Romi did a decent job though.
I think editing in Reaper can be quite similar to PT if you set up the keymap properly (maybe even better?). I'm sure Shane's map will make it very easy for Toolers to switch over.
...and he's such a generous guy that's MORE than willing to share!
If I ever finish it, I'll share it.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 AM

Not meant as a hijack, but since the topic is essentially the same I didn't want to open a new thread:

How about using PT8 LE in tandem with Samplitude11?
Anyone have experience with this? I tried hard but couldn't find a way to acomplish this.. I think why it works with Reaper is, it can be a Rewire slave, right?

Any possibility to have it work with Sam11 (or Samplitude in general)?
Seems both PT and Sam are Rewire hosts only...

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
No. YOU relax. I haven't used a PC in 20yrs. I don't talk out of my neck. that's your dept(that's why you spend so much time editing to clean up what you write)... Read your own posts, slick.

P.S.- At what point did your brilliant intellect figure out I was having trouble? 'Cause I sure didn't say it....
edit......
Didn't you just say a few posts prior that you couldn't install reaper? Call me crazy but that sounded like a bit of trouble to me SLICK

You haven't used a pc in 20 years? alot has changed in 20 yrs.

Yawn....

To each their own SLICK!!! !

You completely took what i was saying regarding reaper working flawlessly the wrong way; check ya neck (edit)
Old 09-16-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
If I ever finish it, I'll share it.

Shane
As I've said before Shane, finish it and take donations for your efforts.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
edit......
Didn't you just say a few posts prior that you couldn't install reaper? Call me crazy but that sounded like a bit of trouble to me SLICK
Yes, slowclass. I said I couldn't install REAPER. NOT, that I was having trouble otherwise. I don't need Reaper(and if 8.0.1. is so 'bulletproof' for ya, why do you?), PT is doin' just fine. Just wanted to see what the fuss was about. Didn't you say the Mac version was beta? So, that may in fact be the reason for the trouble, hmmm? Here ended the lesson...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 09-16-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
As I've said before Shane, finish it and take donations for your efforts.
+1