Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intransit View Post
I can't believe this has over 10,000 views and no comment from Avid.
It could reach 100,000 views and there will still be no comment from Avid. If it hasn't been addressed by now then the fix is more complicated than we suspect and they're not going to discuss it until the fix is in sight. This is, of course, bad news, but it's the way it is and, unfortunately, no amount of posting/viewing will help.

I'm not touching PT11 for professional work, and I'm telling all PT users I know about the issue, as a service to them. Sadly, I've found that most people are entirely unaware of this, but they're quick to ignore 11 once they find out.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:48 AM

Still no fix?
I have abandoned Pro Tools except when necessary then only can use PT10.
What a shame... shame on Avid.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM

I just got of the phone with Avid and 11.1.3 should be released in about a week with some fixes regarding VIs and delay compensation. Don't know the extent of those fixes, but let's cross our fingers.

The Ghost
Old 04-23-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
I just got of the phone with Avid and 11.1.3 should be released in about a week with some fixes regarding VIs and delay compensation. Don't know the extent of those fixes, but let's cross our fingers.

The Ghost
Thanks for the info, sounds promising!
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Regards,
Markus
Intel Core i5 2,4 GHz 8GB
Pro Tools 2018.4
Eleven Rack + Expansion pack
RME Fireface UCX
Old 04-23-2014, 03:56 PM

I'm crossing everything.
OUCH.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post

The Ghost
they'll fix that bug but then your system will crash when you use "that one" plug-in you absolutely will need.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan jetter View Post
ok- my studio neighbor and i just sorted what seems to be another workaround.

put the VI on an *AUDIO* track.

then just use a bunch of other aux tracks.

the quirk here is that it didn't work when we used instrument tracks instead of aux tracks, w/ MIDI data on the instrument tracks going to the VI, and then VI outputs back to the instrument tracks.

that setup gave us latency.

midi on 1 instrument track, VI on audio track, routed back to a bunch of aux returns (instrument track not receiving any returning audio) worked fine.

not sure what's different about the two situations. my understanding was that an instrument track was literally just a midi track + aux return in one.
Many thanks to "jonathan jetter" for his post above. It almost went unnoticed to me in the midst of all the other posts. This method is working for me and I'm not getting anymore delay issues. In fact, I was finally able to use VTM on all of my Aux channels - which is how I first encountered the ADC issue. I basically moved SPD from its instrument track over to a new stereo audio track, left the midi on the original instrument track I moved SPD from and everything worked perfectly. I didn't even have to modify any of my existing routed aux tracks coming from SPD.

That's great news about the update. As the previous post pointed out though, I hope it doesn't break something else in the process.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
Well it's nice to see that this thread is finally getting the attention it deserves from DUC members. Hopefully, AVID will follow suite.

This thread, to me, is the best example of several of the ADC related issues we have in PT11 with AAE. The clearly articulated VI issue that is dominant in this thread is one - however, the DUC is littered with "Compensation Issues" ranging from:

The common thread is stressing of the ADC Buffer or incorrect use of the ADC Buffer. In all cases, there are the possibility of timing misalignment if the buffer is stressed too much.

While the video bug has seen the majority of AVID's and the DUC's attention - this issue infects ALL of us - even those of us not working with video regularly.

I hope the continued attention this thread is generating finally lands with AVID - and we see their attention focussed on solving all of these Compensation issues.
FYI - Just keeping the list of ADC issues at the forefront of AVID's mind.

Add this HDX Latency Issues While Monitoring thread to the list (Bottom of list Below):
DSP & IO : Pro Tools HDX2(2018.3), 2x UAD Octo, HDIO 16x16 Analog IO(3), HDIO 16x16 Digital IO
Plugins: Avid, DMG Audio, Kush, oeksound, P'n'T, Plugin Alliance, Softube, SoundTheory, Sonnox, Sound Radix, SoundToys, UAD, VEP, etc
Hardware: API, Chandler, Hardy, Moog, Neve, Shadow Hills, Smart, Summit, TC Electronic M6000, UREI, etc
Microphones: Telefunken, Neumann, Shure, AKG
Old 04-24-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
FYI - Just keeping the list of ADC issues at the forefront of AVID's mind. [LIST][*]VI Multi Outs over AUX inputs w/plug ADC bug (this thread)
]
It's also Instrument tracks too.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 PM

Bump!

Mac Pro5,1 2x2.24 12-Core, ATI HD5770,
OSX 10.11, 16GB RAM
Apollo Quad Firewire, UAD2 Solo & Quad
NI Maschine v2
PT2018