Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 AM

Default Maui recording

I am having trouble when recording, during play back the sound is aweful. I can continue to shut down and start over time and time again. One guy told me to look into the sampling speeds but I have no idea what loook for. A second problem I have is I get an error message stating my hard drive name is too long and could cause failure to my lok key
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Maui recording

The ONE problem we can address is, the hard drive name. That error is self-explanatory. Right click on it and rename it something short and to the point (like "AUDIO.")
Other than that, if you don't give us SPECIFIC information about your system, we can't help. What OS? What version (exact version) of Pro Tools? What interface?
Define "awful." What sample rate are you recording at?

See "HELP US HELP YOU" at the top of the page:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Have you taken all the steps required for Windows optimization?
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=133039