Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 03:10 AM

Default which plugins with the PLUS pack

After trying the demo i finally end up by choosing the two comp: Smack! and Slighty rude comp.

For me i found Synchronic a little messy to use, it has a learning curve to do something good with.
I didn't spend much time but as an owner of Reaktor and Intakt this will be a double...the demo for this effect are well done! But even if i find it better than intakt i guess that it's not worth for me.

Smack! is a good comp and you can really achieve a lot of different sonic effect with...i like. Even if normally i tend to prefer a dedicaced plug with it's own color and you know that when you pick this one or this other you reach them for their own particularity.

Slighty rude comp is interesting, i guess i will like sometime to have this kind of color in my arsenal.

i didn't try yet the Pultec bundle...any insight/advice here? I guess i'm less enclined to it just because my ever reach EQ is RenEQ i like it and i like really the workflow/interface which is in my opinion the best one. (maybe for that i never tried to hear some sonic differences between differents plugins EQ...)

My choices at the moment: Smack! and Slighty Rude Comp.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: which plugins with the PLUS pack

Hmmm...I would have to pick the pultec bundle and Smack. I would probably get the most use from those out of that list.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-11-2005, 05:36 AM

Shan,
Which other EQ do you have ?
Old 10-11-2005, 05:53 AM

I was debating which ones to get.

Seems to me we are overloaded with fairly decent compressors/limiters! BF76, JoeMeek (in the factory bundle), PT7 will include dynamics III and now you can get another two with the plus pack, Slightly Rude and Smack. Maybe Digi should combine the last two and call it the Slightly Rude Smack!

I am thinking along the lines of the synchronic, just cause it can be used as a sound composition tool and either DINR or Pultec.

Pultec are EQ's essentially (correct me if I am wrong) and like compressors I have few of these.

So probably my money will go to Synchronic and DINR.

neeel
2 Gig RAM
Old 10-11-2005, 06:07 AM

I've been trying SMACK! and I'm loving it. It's really different because you can add harmonic distortion and it really adds character to the bass guitar tracks.

DINR is a phenomenal plugin - You can isolate problem frequencies like electricity hums or AC noise and clinically remove them. It's impressive really.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...I would have to pick the pultec bundle and Smack. I would probably get the most use from those out of that list.

Shane
Ditto, though I might substitute DINR for smack, just for the sheer value of the plugs. (they're the two most expensive ones on the list.)

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 10-11-2005, 08:41 AM

DINR ...is it good ? i didn't even bother to try it because i have the Diamond bundle (which comprise Restoration bundle) but i find that Waves restoration add a lot of artifacts (for the X-noise) ...so it's not really my cup of tea.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:50 AM

DINR - in theory it is excellent but without care you will get little robotic sounds. Sonic NO Noise is the ultimate. But, FWIW, I get perfect results with Bias Soundsoap2 ( $75) for hiss removal.

I will get DINR because they will have to update it one day and then if it does what Sonic does, I'll be a happy man. The u/g price will be more attractive than $1000.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 10-11-2005, 09:20 AM

Hey Cliffy..
And we thought you have them all...
Please list the few plugins, that you don't have
BTW, party time is up in the office again ?
cheers,
a

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 10-11-2005, 11:15 AM

Hey Cliffy,

I just saw the demo for SoundSoap 2 and it's pretty sweet. Now I'm back to deciding what other plugin (besides smack) to get as I'm pretty positive I will get SoundSoap. It's cool cus its got its standalone version, and that rocks. What things does Sonic does that SoundSoap doesn't and who makes it?