Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 PM

Default Re: WAVES AAX-- You Don't Need an Active WUP Plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
They're mad because they paid their WUP money unnecessarily!! And rightly so!
That would be correct sir.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:16 PM

Nice
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 PM

And ..

What they say on their website is true:

If you have V9 of the waves plugins you can use AAX64 update so basically we understood it to be that we had to WUP but as it reads: everyone who have V9 can update without WUP'ing to the absolute latest Very Sneaky indeed

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-27-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crandallwarren View Post
I hope they do.

I requested that they let me surrender my licenses and give me a refund for the update that I did not need and they refused. And yet they still did not definitively answer whether it is official policy that people with V9 can use the AAX format or whether this is a bug in their coding.

If I'm using plugins that I don't have legal licenses for-- I hope they tell me. I hope they tell all of us.
What is the definition of a face palm?
You pay for an upgrade - then you find out you don't need it.
Then you ask for a refund on your upgrade.
WTF?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
What is the definition of a face palm?
You pay for an upgrade - then you find out you don't need it.
Then you ask for a refund on your upgrade.
WTF?
Just to clarify. As I say above, I emailed back and forth with a Waves Salesperson several times before making this $200 purchase. I was debating whether or not to renew my WUP or upgrade to a bigger bundle (which would in-turn provide a current WUP for everything). From the beginning of my conversation with him, I specifically said that I was considering this purchase in order to access the aax 64 format.

But the salesperson at Waves never saw fit to inform me that I in fact didn't need to purchase either because my plugins were all already V9.

That's why I asked for a refund. Maybe he didn't lie to me directly. But he certainly didn't treat me like a valued customer and provide me with all the information so that I could make the best use of my money with them.

I don't know... Am I wrong? Is that too much to expect from a company in this day and age?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Are any PC people having luck just installing the waveshell to run waves as aax64? I have tried this and upon launching pt11, an explorer box appears asking me to locate the waves 9.2 folder. I can't seem to locate the right one. My waves plugins are 9.0 at this point.

i9 10900K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z490 Plus, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB, NVIDIA 1070ti

OS/apps, sessions, and samples all on separate drives.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:19 AM

I have three waves Mercury TDMs that I would like to get to AAX using this WUPless method. And they are all in version 9.2.7 when you log into waves.com.

Problem is I can't find the right waves installer that will allow this trick. The one running on my computers is still Waves_Complete_V9r14 from October 2013 and that version was not a AAX'd yet. I have tried this method on V9r19 and V9r22 installers which are AAX, but the this AAX trick has been seemingly disabled by that time, because the AAX Waveshell is v3 and will not enable my older v2.x waves plugins to run in AAX mode.

I figured that the waves complete installer that will do this WUPless method trick is just after mine, so something around V9r15 or 16. Can anyone tell me which waves complete installer will actually be able to do the trick? Which was the first version to come out with AAX anyway, V9r15?

Also, I cannot figure out where on the Wave.com site to download the older installers. Is this not possible? Thanks.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
Problem is I can't find the right waves installer that will allow this trick.
http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

To be clear, this is not a "trick" or a workaround. AAX compatibility was added to V9. If you own V9, you are entitled to download and make use of V9. You will continue to have full access to all future V9 updates.

When V10 comes out, it's WUP or nothing. Until that point, you're getting what you paid for.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:14 PM

One caveat, my WUP expired and I just updated my waves plugs to 9.2 where they've added Vitamin to the Gold bundle - my license won't accept that one plugin'. But all the rest work. Good thing!
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 11-24-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
One caveat, my WUP expired and I just updated my waves plugs to 9.2 where they've added Vitamin to the Gold bundle - my license won't accept that one plugin'. But all the rest work. Good thing!
Hi

That happened to us aswell when we WUP'd and Vitamin was included and we had to re-authorize and make sure that the Vitamin license was available.

Make sure that you choose Vitamin in the installer and that it is added to your license cloud. We had to also delete the avid .plist in order to make Vitamin work, it wasn't enough to just download and run the installer as it's an added plugin.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————