Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2012, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Waves TDM prices go up from April

I can also confirm TDM will be going up. Not so much going up, but not on sale anymore, so basically the same thing.

@BrianJ, I don't see how WUP would change, it's still capped at $200.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:24 AM

DO THIS TODAY, MARCH 31

Buy a WUP for $200 or less for another bundle you own, and get a $200 Waves voucher.

Buy a Gold TDM today with the $200 voucher for $500ish, maybe less.

Then Waves lets you lock in upgrade pricing for 12 days. Lock in a Mercury+scc TODAY at the old price. If the upgrades go up as well tomorrow, you're golden. If they don't, do the Merc upgrade whenever, later.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:38 AM

Yup back up to full pricing! I am glad I saw on the forum and had a heads up! The other day I purchased the V-Series TDM and yesterday the Renaissance Maxx TDM Bundles (the ren bundle actually really surprised me when I demoed it. . . being it is long in the tooth). Anyway I purchased the Renaissance Maxx yesterday 3/31 and the person I purchased it from will not be able to process it until Monday with Waves. I just hope Waves honors the price when it was purchased and not when processed! The only thing that I have to say is . . . . I know it was a pretty good run for the 50% TDM Wave plugin & bundle sale however IMO since TDM is going the way of the Dodo bird and just in general the sale pricing is where the price should be anyway. I still love my PT HD3 rig but the Waves TDM plugs prices are just way out of line with their native counterparts . . . . . My $.02
Joe
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 AM

They obviously upped the price of DSP versions to prepare people to pay full price once AAX DSP will be launched.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:23 AM

In answer to the other question, they will honor the date of purchase. I've done this on occasion as well.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 AM

Sountrack2life, it may be too late, but wouldn't it have made more sense to just purchase the Gold bundle? It has V-Series and most of Renissance Maxx and would be around the same price if my calculations are correct.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 AM

nst7 yeah you are probably right except I already own much of what is in the Gold bundle from individual plugin purchases over a period of time. . . . many except for the ones that are in the Renn Maxx bundle. So yes in the long run I am sure I paid more then purchasing the Gold bundle but I did it as I received money. I guess I should have been more patient and did it all at one time. Anyway at this point in time I feel that I pretty much have everything I could want that Waves offers. So I am happy. Now that the Waves TDM plugins are up to the full MSRP pricing I consider this all now a bargain LOL.
Joe
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 PM

You can probably upgrade your individual plugins (that are part of the Gold bundle) to a full Gold bundle if you want to. Ask www.audiodeluxe.com about it, they can do magic tricks with Waves
Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 PM

IMHO I would submit that, until you have the Waves modeling plugins, like the CLA bundle, the SSL bundle and the Puig stuff you have not gotten the most out of the Waves product line.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 AM

Yep. SSL channel must be the best Waves plugin ever! I also wouldn't want to mix without the Dorrough meter plugin anymore (this affects to my sound more than you could think of...)