Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2010, 11:46 PM

Question Mbox 3 Pro Power LED problems

hey, so i'm quite new to using pro tools and mbox's alike. i just got my first mbox 3 pro today and i followed the instructions word for word but when i turn my mbox on the power led does not light up and absolutely nothing happens. is there something i'm missing or incorrectly doing? I'm just using a dell studio 1558 laptop, with windows 7 home premium. my computer also only has one 4-pin firewire input. i'm assuming that im going to need to get another firewire input for an external hard drive as well?
Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro Power LED problems

If you have the new Mbox 3 Pro, it is not powered by firewire like the old one. It must be plugged in to the wall with the AC adapter. The firewire is only to pass audio.

As for the external hard drive, you should be able to daisy chain. You can get a hard drive with 2 firewire ports. The Mbox should be last in the chain.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Avid

When you say you followed the instructions word for word - did you make sure to install the driver (it's a separate install) from: http://www.avid.com/drivers?
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Just got mine today! MBox (3) Pro that is. And it is WORKING!!

I note that the power light (Blue) is delayed for a few moments when you turn it on. That adds a little suspense to the time first fire-up.

I think we need to have our own little MBox Pro forum. I am going to try to get one started.

Good luck with your power issue Mr Freeze.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:36 PM

I have all the right drives installed and i know how to connect the Mbox. the only problem is that the LED light that is supposed to show that it is on does not light up, and the Mbox shows no signs of receiving power. i don't think it's a software problem or a drive problem, it just doesn't turn on no matter what outlet i plug the power cord into.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:03 PM

Your mbox came with a free tech suppoert case use it. No power light is not something that we can troubleshoot if you followed the quick start guide.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2010, 02:09 PM

I did follow the quick setup guide to no avail, then turned to the forum & down loaded the driver, tried loading that only to see to my operating system (XP 32 bit,SP"2") was not supported. If sp2 is problem & i need a link to SP3. As my search of Microsoft's site has bewildering array of choices. i did download one i thought was right which when installed put comp. in a endless on/off cycle. thanks bill
Old 12-27-2010, 09:12 AM

SO....I'm no the only one having no power in my MBox 3 PRo...!
I've exchanged it once already, and the new one keep again with NO POWER!!!
I plug in everything correctly, the cords are OK, but the MBox Pro just doesnt power up or whatsoever!!.. Very disappointing.... How many dead units are out there??!!... I cannot spend my time exchanging unit after unit, until a miracle happens and I get THE one that works...!!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:06 PM

I exchanged mine, well i started to exchange it, but i haven't heard from Avid since they received my Mbox. How long did it take for you to get a new one back?
Old 01-20-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezejoin View Post
I have all the right drives installed and i know how to connect the Mbox. the only problem is that the LED light that is supposed to show that it is on does not light up, and the Mbox shows no signs of receiving power. i don't think it's a software problem or a drive problem, it just doesn't turn on no matter what outlet i plug the power cord into.
Please see link below to fix your mbox 3 pro that won't turn on:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=291989