Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2010, 01:34 PM

Default Digi this is weird can you explain this?

Cleared up all my 6031's a few weeks ago. The last month I bought an Eleven Rack to use with my HD system. I posted awhile back at how the 11Rack window would never appear even though Im using 8.0.3cs1. Everytime I use it though I would still plug the USB cable in so that I could sync the sample rate through SPDIF with the 11rack control panel menu because that still worked even though the actual 11rack window didnt come up. Now today after 100 times before not working, I do the same thing as always and today the 11rack window opens up with Pro Tools. YAY! I promise ive done absolutely nothing different. Now if thats not weird enough now that the window is open im getting 6031s every now and again. So I unplug the USB cable and no more 6031s.

So heres the problem, that would lead me to believe that the 11rack drivers are causing problems that would create 6031s which shouldnt happen since its made to work with Pro Tools. I would then think its my USB drivers but my iLOK, USB keyboard and USB mouse work fine causing no 6031s. Somethings just not right here.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Digi this is weird can you explain this?

This is definitely bizarre behavior.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-05-2010, 05:46 PM

Are you plugging the llR into a front panel USB port. I have intermittent issues with my front panel usb car reader. Yet all rear USB ports are direct on the board, so I find I have less problems. (The card reader is plugged into an internal USB port, just like the front panel USB ports. It's worth a shot to try a rear panel port.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
Are you plugging the llR into a front panel USB port. I have intermittent issues with my front panel usb car reader. Yet all rear USB ports are direct on the board, so I find I have less problems. (The card reader is plugged into an internal USB port, just like the front panel USB ports. It's worth a shot to try a rear panel port.
Ya know what that sounds like what it might be. I'll try it out but im pretty sure you nailed it. Thanks.