Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2013, 02:23 AM

Default Re: 10.3.4 - who'll be the first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post
No, this is not fixed.
Thanks for checking.

Oh my. Please Avid, get this fixed.

Timothy
Old 03-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
WENT BACK TO 10.3.2! All works as it should. Protools would not quit and would simply hang, also getting that weird selector tool glitch, once I reverted back everything worked perfectly again
I have not upgraded from 10.3.2 due to several bugs in 3.3 and hopefully .4 was going to fix those issues... wah wah... Looks like Ill be sticking with 10.3.2 for a while....
Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM

Still does not show up within the program as an update neither when starting PT 10.3.3 or manually from the help menu. We're talking 10 days it's been supposedly ready.

I know why - I'm not new to the game...

I spent a lot of my hard earned money for Pro Tools and my Eleven Rack and feel I shouldn't be used as a friggin' guinea pig for avid. When it's ready for Prime Time I'm sure it'll show up as a genuine update. Wake me when ya'll Git-R-Done. Until then I'll continue with 10.3.3 - I don't want to experiment, and I really dislike companies that want me to beta test without telling me. I've had this same issue with apple for years.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Yes indeed, every 10.x version has been a full installer, which CAN be run as an updater too. Most of us old dogs prefer to remove the old versions first. AND*******as always, HAVE A BACKUP PLAN! For me, that means my working 10.3.3 drive is sitting in the drawer and I have swapped system drives for a clone
Albee,
I always read your posts regardless if it is something I am looking for and I think you always have great insight and valid points so therefor I am asking you if there is any tutorial on how to make a cloned backup setup for mac users as we never do the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] crap balls songs everytime it goes awry so After reading your posts about having a cloned drive with a working PT on for a rainy day I think it is time to start backing up when updating and relying on old spinn drives so I hope you have a good tip here ;p

Thank You in Advance for your time Albee
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangedogs View Post
Still does not show up within the program as an update neither when starting PT 10.3.3 or manually from the help menu. We're talking 10 days it's been supposedly ready.

I know why - I'm not new to the game...

I spent a lot of my hard earned money for Pro Tools and my Eleven Rack and feel I shouldn't be used as a friggin' guinea pig for avid. When it's ready for Prime Time I'm sure it'll show up as a genuine update. Wake me when ya'll Git-R-Done. Until then I'll continue with 10.3.3 - I don't want to experiment, and I really dislike companies that want me to beta test without telling me. I've had this same issue with apple for years.
Chill - you can take heart in the fact the search for updates in PT's drop down menu has never really worked. You're not the first to experience and you won't be the last. Sadly it's one of those things Avid doesn't seem to care much about fixing.

QAPLA!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:39 AM

with a company like avid I expect more professionalism. Good product but an amateur operation indeed.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:59 AM

Sorry you feel that way.

An amateur is: “One who engages in a pursuit, study, science, or sport as a pastime rather than as a profession”.

In all fairness and with all respect; Amateurs do not provide a major driving force for the lion’s share of commercial film and music. AVID does.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-24-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Albee,
I always read your posts regardless if it is something I am looking for and I think you always have great insight and valid points so therefor I am asking you if there is any tutorial on how to make a cloned backup setup for mac users as we never do the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] crap balls songs everytime it goes awry so After reading your posts about having a cloned drive with a working PT on for a rainy day I think it is time to start backing up when updating and relying on old spinn drives so I hope you have a good tip here ;p

Chris
Besides PC's, I also have Macs in my computer arsenal and use the same procedure. On my Mac Pro I have two OSX partitions and two Windows partitions. The disk imaging is done using Disk Utility(not Time Machine), which is part of OSX. I create fixed sequential disk images in all various states. The partitions are also used for redundancy. If something acts up and I need to keep working, I'll jump into another partition. I don't know why anyone would not do disk imaging and create partitions regardless of platform. Also have the system cloned on a separate drive if you run into a situation where you cant boot so you can swap it with your system drive, as time is money. It's saved me hours of downtime on both platforms, and downtime just doesn't exist using the above strategy.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

I hope you have a good tip here ;p

Chris
He also takes PayPal gratuity !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
I have not upgraded from 10.3.2 due to several bugs in 3.3 and hopefully .4 was going to fix those issues... wah wah... Looks like Ill be sticking with 10.3.2 for a while....
Same here having even considered up grading !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.