Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Bounce to disk error message - Please Help!!!

I recently had a problem with this error message:

“\code\aztec_Staley\AlturaPorts\NewFileLibs\Ff\Aud io\FF_Audline 33.

So I searched the fourm looking for answers and I came accross a thread that was identical to my problem. In that thread there was a link that explained what to do if the problem occurs. I folled the instructions throughly and now I am having a problem with my Plugins not working, but they are all installed still. Please help, I am not sure if this a simple fix or if I need to reinstall all my plugins again.

The link:

http://www.sweetwater.com/expert-cen.../d--06/09/2006
Old 07-28-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Plugin Inactive Problem

It looks like those tips came from this sticky.

We'll need some more details of your rig. Computer build, PT version and hardware etc. Thanks.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-28-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Bounce to disk error message - Please Help!!!

I am running: ProTools V7.0, MBox2, Windows XP Pro. Playback Buffer and CPU Set to max.

Manufacturer: INTEL_
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3324MB RAM
Hard Drive: 405 GB Total
Video Card: RADEON X850 Series
Monitor: ViewSonic VX924
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Audio [1000]
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: Flat
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

I reinstalled all of the plugins and they now work again, but that error I was getting is still comming up. I tried several times and each bounce is 60 mins.

Any suggestions. I am running my system with the HT on. Does that matter? Do I gain performance if I disable it, or do I gain stability?

Thank You for you assistance.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Bounce to disk error message - Please Help!!!

Quote:
...I tried several times and each bounce is 60 mins...
60 minutes can be alot of hard drive space depending on content. You might not have HD space. That would be one thing to check. Also go to Setup > Preferences > Operation > Open Ended Record Allocation: > Limit to: 65 minutes.

Also, try a 5 minute bounce and ten minute bounce to trouble shoot. When you do this, change your Open Ended Record Allocation to 10 minutes and report back.

What are you bouncing that is 60 minutes and what plug-ins are you using during the process?

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-29-2007, 09:56 AM

Shan
Is that a sound blaster card he is using,if it is Ill say no more

Good luck

Brandy
Old 07-29-2007, 06:01 PM

It is a top of the line Sound Blaster sound card that I spent some good money on. I though it would help me with my sound processing. I don't have any problems with it, that I know of. Is it better to use my onboard audio drivers?

The track I was bouncing was only 2 mono tracks and T-Racks EQ on each of them. That's all. I will try the tests and I will post my results.

Thank You for your help.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:47 PM

I managed to get a few lucky bounces using the hard disk allocation trick. But it happened again. I bounced 2 tracks that were about 60 mins so I put it to 65 mins to be safe. Then I had problems twice doing a 40 min bounce. Got the same error.

Should I try to back up the Hard Drive and format it and try again? I think I might be having an issue with paging file allocation according to my Disk Keeper software(Defragmenting)for that drive. Would that affect that because it states that performance is affected if you do not allocate more paging file space? I don't know about that stuff, your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Goodshotz