Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Default Dear Avid & Fan-Boys

If you (Avid & all the Fan Boys) the big daddy of ProTools thinks that you are top dog is a mistake.
You seem to have this notion that for the major part PT is indestructible and worthy of all that bow down to it. You have this idea that because each computer that us (citizens/users/peasants) use it on is an Enigma & that for the most part it is the man in the mirrors fault when things crash and burn as they do and will always. You supply us with optimizations and a hocus pocus of trouble shooting guides and recommendations yet your salesman proclaim PT will run on anything! Your Forum/s are 90% full of threads about crashes and bugs. You seem to add a lot of .01 updates to your major releases which indicates major flaws. You and the Fan boys have a clouded perception of the truth and are so full of your answers that you do not listen to us. You & the FB's are so protective of there investment in PT/Avid, to save face, that you are not willing to admit its flaws. You will say and do anything to smear over the facts that it is a great & bad system. & being 50/50 means it sucks. If you guys think it so worthy, build a Avid computer to run it on as a complete Turn-Key system. Then us/we can actually see how stable it is for real. Z.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Dear Avid & Fan-Boys

I use my PT rig every day and love it. If you hate it, don't use it. Nobody here cares what program you use(and there are plenty of options for everyone). You won't find me on the Cubase forums trashing their stuff, so show some class and just make a quiet exit from here.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 PM

zsarbomba, I posted a solution for the CPU spikes you reported here. Hope that helps and let me know if it works.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 PM

If you tell us exactly what your issues are, and describe your system in full... We will be glad to help you get to the point of enjoying Pro Tools as much as we do.

I've been earning a good living with Pro Tools for many years, it can be done.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-18-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
If you tell us exactly what your issues are, and describe your system in full... We will be glad to help you get to the point of enjoying Pro Tools as much as we do.
I've been earning a good living with Pro Tools for many years, it can be done.
This is not about my particular issues with PT even though they are they same issues as many, many users have... Funny that! This thread is about having it out, rolling up sleeves and getting the Gloves on about those issues in general that I/we have to suffer as a group of user that I know are as frustrated as I am. Do not patronize me/us with your Sandra BS and recommended optimizations. Why is it that I can run Vegas Pro 11 with massive files of Data and use of plugs without a hitch on the very same system? I don't recall a Save/Crash Error ever in Vegas. I also dont recall any save/crash errors when I used to run Sadie Software. I just didnt like the workflow so switched to PT. Funny that. You dont see the Save/Crash error elsewhere eh.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsarbomba View Post
This is not about my particular issues with PT even though they are they same issues as many, many users have... Funny that! This thread is about having it out, rolling up sleeves and getting the Gloves on about those issues in general that I/we have to suffer as a group of user that I know are as frustrated as I am. Do not patronize me/us with your Sandra BS and recommended optimizations. Why is it that I can run Vegas Pro 11 with massive files of Data and use of plugs without a hitch on the very same system? I don't recall a Save/Crash Error ever in Vegas. I also dont recall any save/crash errors when I used to run Sadie Software. I just didnt like the workflow so switched to PT. Funny that. You dont see the Save/Crash error elsewhere eh.
And herein is the problem I mentioned in the thread you reference above - look in the mirror for your problems. You fail to understand that the requirements for PT are rather stringent and far more so than any other program. Sony Vegas (actually any Sony product) will run on just about any computer out there and has rather low computer needs. I know - I used to run various Sony software. But when I moved up to PT I knew the requirements were what they were and my old system wouldn't cut it.

The Sandra report is what we need to be able to diagnose Windows computer problems. It's easy for people, even with the best of intentions, to forget to mention something they don't think is important in what's in their system and the Sandra helps in that regard.

Like others have said - if you don't like what's happening with PT go to another daw - there's plenty out there for the Windows platform - Sonar, Cubase, Digital Performer, etc. Come to think about it you might actually like and fit in over at the Sonar forums better than you do here. We are all trying to help one another and if you can't take it in that spirit - then just quietly leave.

QAPLA!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:52 AM

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Z. 😊

📀
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 01-18-2014, 09:28 AM

I just want to specify a little something for anyone reading this.

Windows optimization steps for Cubase AND Nuendo
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support...back/2020.html
System Requirements:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products...downloads.html

Windows Optimization steps for Cakewalk (Sonar):
http://www.editthis.info/sonar/Optimizing_Your_DAW
And
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?&m=1862515&mpage=1
System Requirements:
http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/SONARReqs.htm

As any one can see, Many Daws does actually need to have an optimized windows pc so that their program can run smoothly, it's not only PT. And most of them DO have a minimum system requirement that is listed. As far as many .01 updates, it's all depending on the mentality of the developer. Do we wait a long time before releasing a fix and thus having the user wait in their problems, or do we release fixes as quickly as possible to help the users.

Wave-T.com
Old 01-18-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsarbomba View Post
Your Forum/s are 90% full of threads about crashes and bugs.
I would go as far to say that 98% of the threads in any forum are about crashes and other issues. It's in the nature of the thing. That' what forums are for.
You won't find many people, who drive their car into a garage to brag about how nothing's wrong with it, either.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 01-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
And herein is the problem I mentioned in the thread you reference above - look in the mirror for your problems. You fail to understand that the requirements for PT are rather stringent and far more so than any other program. Sony Vegas (actually any Sony product) will run on just about any computer out there and has rather low computer needs. I know - I used to run various Sony software. But when I moved up to PT I knew the requirements were what they were and my old system wouldn't cut it.
The Sandra report is what we need to be able to diagnose Windows computer problems. It's easy for people, even with the best of intentions, to forget to mention something they don't think is important in what's in their system and the Sandra helps in that regard.
Like others have said - if you don't like what's happening with PT go to another daw - there's plenty out there for the Windows platform - Sonar, Cubase, Digital Performer, etc. Come to think about it you might actually like and fit in over at the Sonar forums better than you do here. We are all trying to help one another and if you can't take it in that spirit - then just quietly leave.
Not so Vegas can run massive amounts of tracks/lanes of information. Again do not patronize me with "well you can just F off" because that is a cop out and A-typical answer. Surely you guys can do better than "Well go buy another DAW" If your so smart Mr "build a Avid computer to run it on as a complete Turn-Key system. Then us/we can actually see how stable it is for real."