Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Performance hit in PT 7.4

Quote:
Are you talking about the 4 processor issue? Shane just answered that quite eloquently.
Quote:
and believe me I wouldnt spend 50 quid on any thing without trying it .
No Im Not!! There is more your jumping over them. Forget about the spelling how about telling us what we are doing wrong with the help files,.We dont need pictures i take your word for it.

brandy

[/QUOTE]

Dude,

He doesnt WORK for digidesign. Demanding stuff and being rude??

I don't know WHY on EARTH he comes here and takes abuse from people he is trying to HELP.

Seriously. I Hope that SHAWN tells all of you ingrates where to "put the help files".

-Justin
Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 PM

Relax guy’s...

Brandy has been a troll from day one... I have yet to see a useful post from the guy, it’s all classic troll stuff... if you react & get wound up, the troll wins...

N
Old 11-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Avid

Quote:
Quote:
So, no one beta tested 7.4 and ran benchmarks using AMD CPU's? Are there any AMD rigs at Digi HQ yet?

Shane
It’s tragic really...

They fail abysmally at qualifying setups for Windows & when the user base work together putting their own time and money into getting a working stable rig with easy setup instructions & then build them in large quantities they can’t even be hooped to test their new software versions with the quadzilla’s...

Stunning...

N
We had many, many beta testers using AMD machines. I"m looking into the 'can't select processors' issue, but it may be a bit before I can get the info I need about specifics of our testing...
Old 11-09-2007, 03:27 PM

Hi
To be honest I would prefer to stay with the point in question, i would say that your the rude one.
I would not call anybody Dude nor would I refer to somebody as an ingrate.So dont try yo be sombody your not.

I will also be the first to admit that Shawn is probabally right, since working some more with this update I would say I jumped too quick.

So my friend stop getting you knickers in a twist.Were all adults here.

Please note my forum name and if you want my real name Ill give you that too.

Brandy
Old 11-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I"m looking into the 'can't select processors' issue, but it may be a bit before I can get the info I need about specifics of our testing...
Thanks DTS.

filosofem
Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
...We had many, many beta testers using AMD machines. I"m looking into the 'can't select processors' issue, but it may be a bit before I can get the info I need about specifics of our testing...
Thanks for the update! Keep us posted if you need anything done on our end.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-09-2007, 03:45 PM

thanks DIGI!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:

I would not call anybody Dude nor would I refer to somebody as an ingrate.So dont try yo be sombody your not.

I'm from California, originally, so I call EVERYONE dude. It's in my blood. You can ask SHAWN, who has spoken to me on the phone before that I do in fact call everyone... DUDE, and it seems that I too often feed the trolls.

ingrate
n. ungrateful person.

If the shoe fits.

To demand things from someone who has no obligation to help you seems ungrateful to me.

So, troll feeding over.

Cheers,

Good luck with the help docs.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I'm from California, originally, so I call EVERYONE dude.
I am from Yorkshire (UK) and I still call everyone dude... At least you have a genuine reason, I believe my total misuse is down to too much Bill & Ted & lots of hair metal during the 80’s lol..

If I am ever pulled up on it I tell people I am being Ironic

N
Old 11-09-2007, 06:14 PM

Wow...this thread has grown a bit...

Preface: Only OS X, one machine Tiger, one Leopard. No bootcamp, no XP. Only reason for posting is people were poking into figuring if the issues were Intel or AMD..and I figure providing Mac feedback would help, if only a little, as I am all Intel Mac.

I finally got to run my Mac Pro + Tiger + 7.4 today. 99% cpu, 4 processors, 32 sample buffer. Loaded in several audio tracks using my 002, 44.1k/24. Runs a bit smoother for me, but I can make it produce a "held off interrupts for too long" thing consistently. But, IMO, that is a firewire thing (Digi- please? a PCIe solution for LE is desperately needed).

RTAS via Leopard and 7.4 is touch n go to say the least. Leopard is unsupported (yet..), so I do not expect anything. Yes, I completely forgot I was even running Leopard, installed, and complained...duh!

On my Mac Pro, 32 samples, Absynth 4 was killin, other Arturia and NI were doin great as well. BFD was spittin, even tho no CPU loading was showing in the Digi SYstem Usage. Maybe 30-40% peaks here and there. All internal SATA's, so I am guessing it is simply BFD and PT still not completely happy with each other...or, that plus firewire I/O, 32 sampel buffer, etc. Pop it up to 64 samples, and all was fine. I can work wth BFD at a lower buffer setting now than before; decent size session, BFD + Ivory + another VI, and 128 buffer is fine. 512 was min before.

Once Leopard is supported, we'll see what happens. Logic got a pretty good boost!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.