Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2014, 12:45 AM

Default Problems with Reverberate

I have encountered two major issues after buying Reverberate today.

I downloaded both the 64 and 32 bit versions, so I can use this plug-in with both Pro Tools 10 and 11. It's a necessary part of my workflow, due to the fact that I rely on PT10 for any video-related work.
  • If I first install the 32 bit version, then the 64 bit version... It works with PT11, but the 32 bit version will not authorize in Pro Tools 10 (DAE -7504). Tried with both RTAS and AAX.
  • If I do the reverse (64 bit install first, 32 bit after) then PT11 gives me an error (AAE -7504) but Reverberate works in PT10.

Second issue is delay compensation. There are settings inside reverberate for latency (higher latency for better processing). Neither the 32-bit nor the 64-bit version reports the latency to Pro Tools, ADC stays at zero no matter what the setting. Funnily enough, if I used Patchwork to host the VST version, the correct latency is reported.

Can anyone help me? These are show-stopping issues, and I'm a bit frustrated.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Problems with Reverberate

I reached out to the folks at LiquidSonics regarding this. Hopefully someone will chime in with the answers you're looking for.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 AM
LiquidSonics

Thanks for bringing this post to my attention Shane. I've received a request via email for this issue and am investigating. If anybody else has experienced this situation which is new to me I would be interested to hear about it.

I've not seen the error code before and the PT dev forum doesn't specify what causes it. I'm not sure what authorisation of the plugin is talking about since this isn't an iLok plugin.

Thanks
Matt
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 AM

Thanks Shane and Matt. I actually did contact Liquidsonics support, and received an email from Matt this morning. I'm going to try installing on a different Windows 7 PT rig today to see if it behaves differently. If it does, then I'll try a reinstall of Pro Tools at home.

In my haste I didn't even write the proper information in my email such as OS and PT version.

Any other users out there, have you encountered the same behavior as I have?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 AM

So, an update. I tested this on another machine, running the same OS and Pro Tools versions as my home rig (Win7 Pro SP1, Pro Tools 10.3.8 and 11.1.1)
  1. Install Reverberate 32-bit
  2. Restart at the prompt
  3. Test Reverberate in PT10 (works)
  4. Install Reverberate 64-bit
  5. Restart at the prompt
  6. Test Reverberate in PT10 (works)
  7. Test Reverberate in PT11 (works)

So the problem is not the plug-in or the installer, but something else with my home system. Might be a PEBKAC error, although I did 3 or so hours wrestling with it last night and couldn't figure out what I did wrong.

I also tested the latency compensation. When changing the delay (Reverberate Settings tab > Plug-In Processing Latency), latency compensation on Pro Tools does not change. It doesn't change after disabling and re-enabling the plugin. It doesn't change after closing and re-opening my session, which is what the manual indicates should be done. ADC does pick up the right number if I quit and reopen Pro Tools. So I think what I'll do is just pick a latency to set-and-forget. I'll read the manual again to see if I can figure out just how low I should set it.

So I'll do my best to figure out the sitch at home, and I have to say this plug-in is just marvelous. Last but not least, I appreciate the quick response by Matt at Liquidsonics!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
So, an update. I tested this on another machine, running the same OS and Pro Tools versions as my home rig (Win7 Pro SP1, Pro Tools 10.3.8 and 11.1.1)
  1. Install Reverberate 32-bit
  2. Restart at the prompt
  3. Test Reverberate in PT10 (works)
  4. Install Reverberate 64-bit
  5. Restart at the prompt
  6. Test Reverberate in PT10 (works)
  7. Test Reverberate in PT11 (works)

So the problem is not the plug-in or the installer, but something else with my home system. Might be a PEBKAC error, although I did 3 or so hours wrestling with it last night and couldn't figure out what I did wrong.

I also tested the latency compensation. When changing the delay (Reverberate Settings tab > Plug-In Processing Latency), latency compensation on Pro Tools does not change. It doesn't change after disabling and re-enabling the plugin. It doesn't change after closing and re-opening my session, which is what the manual indicates should be done. ADC does pick up the right number if I quit and reopen Pro Tools. So I think what I'll do is just pick a latency to set-and-forget. I'll read the manual again to see if I can figure out just how low I should set it.

So I'll do my best to figure out the sitch at home, and I have to say this plug-in is just marvelous. Last but not least, I appreciate the quick response by Matt at Liquidsonics!
You can just leave it at no latency and it will be fine. I have never touched that settings. regardless, I never even pay attention to reverb latency unless I am going to insert it on a channel for some odd reason rather than buss to it. Regardless its a crazy flexible plugin and some great IR's in there if I may say so!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 AM

So I guess zero latency will just eat a bit more CPU, rather than generate a lower-quality output - "Longer delays increase processing efficiency."

One last set of questions... I can't seem to find info on two aspects of the GUI. There are no padlock icons (for having user setting override any loaded preset) next to the Gain and Mix knobs, like there are in the manual.

And what's this extra gain setting here (screenshot)? No info about it in the manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gain.jpg (42.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-20-2014, 01:34 PM
LiquidSonics

Hi

The gain icon is for IR normalisation. The image on the manual doesn't make that very clear, it could do with updating. It just keeps IRs at maximum amplitude if they are not normalised to 0dBFS so that the gain control has a useful range. Typically just leave it on.

The lock tools were removed as they don't behave well in AAX due to the compare button. I found that when turned on since they automatically change the preset, compare functionality didn't work reliably. The real original need was when all the VST era presets were a balanced dry/wet and people tended to want them fully wet, and were not that well normalised. This helped that case while retaining the original presets. Now all the AAX presets are fully wet anyway and well normalised, so hopefully the omission isn't too much if a loss assuming you don't plan to use it as a channel insert often.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:04 PM

Alright, thanks for all your help. I am really enjoying this plug-in, I've already transitioned all my Bricasti and Lexicon impulse responses over to a custom Reverberation bank. The LFO-controlled EQ parameters are especially fun.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:07 PM
LiquidSonics

That's really great :) Let me know if you like the split mod feature. A new tool in v1.9 for fairly subtle (if used as intended) but I think pretty useful modulation to add some liveliness, especially in tails a bit like the spin/wander effect you can get in algorithmic reverbs where the head and tail are modulated differently.