Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM

Default Protools 10 audio outputs stopped working for no apparent reason

was just doing a basic Dlg edit when all of a sudden all audio stopped outputting in play mode. Audio came out while scrubbing but not in play. Anyone else experience this?
I had to quit the session create a blank session and re-import all the tracks, at which point the session functioned properly again.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 01-22-2012, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Protools 10 audio outputs stopped working for no apparent reason

Cory, welcome to the infamous PT 10 randomly dropping audio (and/or automation bug). I'm assuming you haven't yet found this thread:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=311045

The only good news, is that Avid is on it, they have made it a TOP priority (for obvious reasons) and they have recently stated that they are making progress on getting this horrible bug squashed.

For the record, you should be able to restart your audio by simply restarting PT. No need to reimport session data, etc.

Chris
Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 AM

Smile Re: Protools 10 audio outputs stopped working for no apparent reason

Thanks for the heads up Chris!

FYI, I did try the quit protools and relaunch the session( thats one of those things I do intuitively after so many years of using this software) it still didn't work though. I had to re-import all session data into a fresh session.

Just a side note to all this; I even went as far saving that session as a protools 9 project too see if that would resolve the issue, I re-booted under my PT 9 Partition, alas the project did exactly the same thing, I decided since I had gone that far to see what would then happen if I imported that data into a fresh PT9 session, again it still didn't work.

Interesting that the bug carries over into other versions of protools, nasty. I'm just thankful I didn't loose 2 days work.
coryrizos.com
Old 01-23-2012, 01:20 AM

Smile Re: Protools 10 audio outputs stopped working for no apparent reason

Thanks for the heads up Chris!

FYI, I did try the quit protools and relaunch the session( thats one of those things I do intuitively after so many years of using this software) it still didn't work though. I had to re-import all session data into a fresh session.

Just a side note to all this; I even went as far saving that session as a protools 9 project too see if that would resolve the issue, I re-booted under my PT 9 Partition, alas the project did exactly the same thing, I decided since I had gone that far to see what would then happen if I imported that data into a fresh PT9 session, again it still didn't work.

Interesting that the bug carries over into other versions of protools, nasty. I'm just thankful I didn't loose 2 days work.
coryrizos.com
Old 01-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Avid

Hi Cory,

Sorry to hear about your issues.

As Chris already indicated, we are indeed working to resolve this issues asap.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:21 AM

My PT10 doesn't run properly on W7 64bits + Eleven Rack as interface. The Eleven Rack itself runs ok in standalone mode and when used as interface with Pro Tools 9.0.6 ... but with PT10 a horrible sound comes out of the monitors!!! May be a bad software?? I downloaded it to my iLok straight from the avid page ... I've been the whole weekend trying to solve this problem but I came with no solution after all. Anybody guess?? I just can get interferences out of the monitors! Thanx!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 PM

I too am having problems. I can only mix for about 3 minutes and audio drops. I had a REALLY important client walk out of a mixing session today because of it. This is completely unacceptable. I would go back to PT 9 but because of the change in file format, I am SOL.

I also attempted to contact support and you want an incident code? huh? wtf for a known bug issue?

I am dead in the water and probably lost a big client because of this. I was planning on going to HD soon but I don't know.

What is going on over there at Avid? HD is fixed why not Native?

Tom